Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot bag as cabin bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Will BA let you take a boot bag as a cabin bag? Flying club class to Geneva next weekend and the 2 hold bags are taken up with a suit case and a ski bag?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. No problem with my bit bag containing salopettes, base layers etc etc. People seem to take massive hand luggage bags these days and no-one cares. Probably would try it on Ryanair though!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does the bag fit the inside the dimensions for BA hand luggage 56x45x25cm ?

I have a pull along to almost this size and fit my boots and enough clothing for a few days skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A pull along is more space-efficient than a dedicated boot bag and draws less attention to itself.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used a version of this bag on mulitple flights, as it looks and had been treated as a large laptop bag. The boots fit in Tetris style. It's allowed me to take my Scott E1 40 airbag as my main cabin bag as well Very Happy

https://www.lange-boots.com/product/basic-duo-boot-bag
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Posidrive, I recently bought a "69" style Rossignol boot bag which is well inside BA's restrictive measurements (very much like the Lange bag that Powder Adict links). I used to use a bowling style bag for my boots in cabin baggage, never ever been a problem with BA.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimastaaah wrote:
@Posidrive, I recently bought a "69" style Rossignol boot bag which is well inside BA's restrictive measurements (very much like the Lange bag that Powder Adict links). I used to use a bowling style bag for my boots in cabin baggage, never ever been a problem with BA.

laying my boots in a 69 position gets me through the latest EasyJet sizes. Poster should have no problems with BA
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a boot bag with two pair of boots (my wife's and my six years old daughter's) in it as a cabin bag and it wasn't a problem at all. This was on BA flights to and from Turin at Xmas/ New Year's, so very recent.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got 4 pairs of boots, helmets, salopettes and gloves into 4 cabin cases for our new year trip with Swiss. They all weighted just under the allowed 8 kg. My 28.5 hawx Magna's together were well over the 8kg so I put the younger ones 21.5 rsj's with mine in two cases. They didn't check the weight of them anyway like everyone told me they didn't but I didn't want to take any chances with them insisting they went in the hold.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In Club they’ll let you take a severed head if you want to, its just those in the back they keep an eye on
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Posidrive, they don't care what type of bag it is as long as it meets the stipulated dimensions (if they even bother to check). The BA dimensions are surprisingly large as I have a bag specifically designed to be exactly in line but if they operate a smaller plane with smaller overhead lockers it can be a struggle to take what you are allowed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just ordered an equestrian boots bag, as it looks like I can pack the boots and a lot of other stuff in as well (cabin luggage up to 10kg). It's within the cabin luggage size limits, and looks like it's made from the same materials as ski/snowboard boot bags, fairly hard-wearing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284965963642?hash=item42594b877a:g:Qe4AAOSw0RFjuCYj&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4DWNJAceRlFGdrrJuWnu04dSb7R5kUKvz%2FFmZlcSr3uQhE5z34gXELHUx8vq5t9fgpdnE4KX0IrbKx55sAtccwuBkTuzonteeNnXzSWlqH58rdXbeCMjYcsqfvqGSuJRIdYgcA2dd8vifnrdtnHf68bbK%2FqXclr21YjbKGqtCoLOmuPIwiRQJLE3V%2F%2BfzR%2BWdmJFwdVwEiLPRpF4rT4cY9upWz8tGG8tSyFyxoOIOCyeYWjlCYTOOBaYnXzBSLre9AWUoUUkVwJgeAhejMYuCAyda7l3Io1%2BGbBzYf9%2BOvFQ%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6rm19qxYQ
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hand luggage bag. Costco do an American tourister one cheap that fits in all overheads and takes a bashing.

We pack all our boots, salopettes, armour, helmets and Google’s in them with a day worth of pants and underlayers.

Was very glad of them in Dec when Westjet lost nearly everyone’s luggage on way to Big White. 21 cases for 122 people. Allowed us to hit the slopes and our lessons the next day without worry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Always do it.... no orobs
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Talking about boot bags.... is a seperate boot bag included in cargo baggage by EasyJet if you have booked a ski bag on?
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
I've used a version of this bag on mulitple flights, as it looks and had been treated as a large laptop bag. The boots fit in Tetris style. It's allowed me to take my Scott E1 40 airbag as my main cabin bag as well Very Happy

https://www.lange-boots.com/product/basic-duo-boot-bag

Yes I've one of these too - definitely recommended
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy