Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WeSki and other agents? Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I always book with the big tour operators but just spotted a good deal on WeSki. Seems to have reliable reviews and is ABTA bonded agency.

I am hesitant to book with an agent, as it gives another layer of risk if they were to go bust or if there were other problems.

Can anyone give feedback on WeSki? Or recommend another booking agents such as Ski Solutions, IgluSki, Heidi? Their deals are different from the TOs.

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Igluski and ifyouski.com multiple times and never had an issue. Sometimes the deals are better than direct with the TO direct and others see the same but easier to search than going through all the different operators.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used ifyouski.com multiple times. They "act" as an agent and you get the receipt from the "supplier", so very low risk. We also get a 5% discount - so win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously can't comment on WeSki
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used Ski World over a dozen times for catered chalet holidays, and they have always been great. Ski total and Inghams have been pretty good, Neilson used to be good but now just don't offer good value after their reorganisation 8 years ago or so.
We have found some good deals for first weeks with some smaller operators. Last season we were about half price in an excellent chalet apartment with Ski Vertigo, who were subsequently brilliant with assistance and practicalxhelp after Mrsthecramps was injured midweek.

I think most are actually pretty good. Out of all the ones we have used, there are only two we wouldn't use again. Neilson, because they don't offer a holiday we want anymore (we went to Åre 4 times with them, and catered chalets in France twice), and Crystal because of the response including blatant lies to our complaints after a seriously disfunctional holiday to France. (Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, but they owned none of it. I am not talking about a snowmagedon or anything, just lowsy management. Not enough transfer buses, pass not turning up until midday losing a morning ski, having to spend the first two hours cleaning our accommodation, including having to scrape dried excrement from the wall and pipework behing the loo. I took pics. Crystal said I had created them to try and rip them off. Never again will they, or any parent company get a bean from us.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speaking of the first week thing, one year we stayed in a chalet in Val'd that would normally have been way out of our price range, but it was a "pre week" sort of deal, basically training week for the hosts and staff. It was excellent.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used WeSki a few years ago, and I was very impressed then with their personal service both over the phone pre-booking and in the ski resort La Plagne. We met up with a rep in the ski resort upon arrival who handed us our lift passes in person, explained where everything is and accompanied us to the ski hire shop. This was at the end of December 2019. The following year, in 2020, we contacted WeSki again to get quotes for the next winter, but I then spoke to a different person, who wasn't as helpful at all as the people I spoke to the previous year, so we ended up booking with someone else. In recent years I have found their website to be difficult to navigate and generate quotes, which wasn't a problem back in 2019, as I got so much personalised help then over the phone and via email.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not sure how much I am allowed to say* as a recently-joined member of their Technical team, but Heidi are pretty solid. Website is pretty reliable and easy to use, our CS team is willing, and having used both I can categorically say that our "so you've got a holiday with us" phone app is significantly better than Crystal's and does a solid job as a replacement for a resort rep. We do mess up but as far as I can tell we've been pretty good at sorting things out when they go wrong (I usually find out from the "this happened, we sorted it but why did it happen" bug triage end of things).

*There's nothing in the ToS to say I can't, and I haven't heard back from admin yet, so I'm hoping going Full Disclosure will be enough in this case. Apologies and happy to delete if not!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy