Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late March early April resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I know it changes yearly , but does anyone have any recommendations for a ski resort Late March / early April with plenty of snow for a family.
Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
An awful lot of resorts are good at this time.
You want to have some slopes at decent altitude and north facing.
An awful lot depends on what you like as a family.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saas Fee. Lovely village, amazing scenery, always good snow and whilst not the biggest area ideal for family skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tigne/VDI, Val Thoren, paradiski, Ischgl, Obertaun
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update .
We have been skiing 3 times before ,
I’m Seefeld and Avoriaz .
Like to have some activities to do other than skiing so half day skiing , and a bit of fun the other half , sledging, swimming , snow mobiles .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lp1977,
Quote:

Like to have some activities to do other than skiing so half day skiing , and a bit of fun the other half , sledging, swimming , snow mobiles .

Courchevel 1650 (Moriond) / 1550 (Village) / 1850
Les Menuires/Reberty
Val D'Isere
Tignes
Les Arcs
La Plagne

Lots of other information would help snowHeads advise better. Travel, Accommodation, budget, skiing level, tuition?...preferences, for example.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Lp1977, Tignes le lac - swimming pool, snow mobiles, indoor climbing wall, ice climbing and even scuba diving under the ice on the lac.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PeakyB
Open to accommodation preferable 1-2 beds , budget wide ranged 2-6k
Basic skiers usually have family lessons
Flying from Manchester
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For booking in advance, hedge your bets and aim to go higher. The usual suspects: Val T, Tignes, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Avoriaz, Saas Fee, Obergurgl.

Or wait for a last minute deal (within 2 weeks of going) to see maybe somewhere lower that has had recent snow?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some decent suggestions in here already. If it was me and looking for somewhere snow sure at that time of year, I’d go for the tried and tested, so probably Val Thorens or Tignes (Val Claret or Le Lac). Given the requirement for stuff outside of skiing I’d likely err towards Tignes: swimming centre, sports centre, and other activities throughout the resort and on the frozen lake.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Lp1977, thanks, I stick with my original list then.

I’ve put the 3 Vallees villages slightly ahead of Tignes/Val D’Isere because I think they offer more choice of manageable and terrain for skiers with just 3 weeks experience. Still plenty of challenging stuff for the more adventurous.

Tignes / Val D’Isere that bit gnarlier in my opinion, especially if visibility is not so good.

Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) OK if you can find good accommodation and the snow conditions hold up well at mid and lower altitudes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Lp1977, Serre Chevalier probably ticks your boxes well, fair sized ski area with high North facing slopes with loads of other stuff as well, thermal baths, a big zip wire, some mountain karts, snow shoeing etc
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone , I start my planning soon
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We usually go skiing in Sweden or Norway in early April as have found it pretty snowsure - have done Åre and Hemsedal, and will be going to Trysil in 2023.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm thinking of something similar, a week or 2 from the the 7th of April.

There are plenty of cheap flights available to Geneva, Italy and Austria. I've never been so late but as mentioned, there are loads of options across France, Italy and Austria.

I think as it's lateish, it's worth waiting until a few days before. Takes a bit of nerve but has always paid off for me. See where the conditions and forecast look good then grab a late cheap package and save the rest for big lunches or next year.
snow conditions
Don't want to highjack the thread (sorry @Lp1977!) buuuuut....

Given the choice if heading to Serre Chevalier, would you stay in Montier Les Bains or further down in La Salle. Would be for families, one of which is a non skier, so ski school needed etc...

thinking Easter so 2nd week of April

Montier Les Bains looks good with the thermal baths
snow report
Banff in Canada snowHead
ski holidays
Alpe Dhuez
snow report
We previously went to Zell am See in April, you have their decent sized area and if the snow isn’t up to par you can always drive a short way to the glacier. We had younger kids when we were there and stayed in one of the many family hotels .
latest report
I agree with most of the above mentioned but I wouldn't dare to waste a ski vacation late March/early April in Serre Che or Zell am Zee.
Of course that anything can happen weather-wise but those places don't enjoy enough mileage at high enough altitude.
If you are OK with skiing part time and downloading daily, Briancon is a proper town with an historical quarter and Monetier les Bains have an awesome aqua center. But IMO you should base yourself at least at 1800 if not above for Easter.
latest report
beenative wrote:
Don't want to highjack the thread (sorry @Lp1977!) buuuuut....

Given the choice if heading to Serre Chevalier, would you stay in Montier Les Bains or further down in La Salle. Would be for families, one of which is a non skier, so ski school needed etc...

thinking Easter so 2nd week of April

Montier Les Bains looks good with the thermal baths

We skied SC a few years ago and enjoyed it as it’s that little bit different. The big problem with the place is the infrastructure is in need of some serious investment which would make it a real top class resort.

We stayed in Villeneuve, in an apartment across the road by Le Petit Serre Che bar. Nice selection of local shops and restaurants in the village gave a more authentic village feel more so than some French resorts.
snow report
Davos my always my choice when I used to go in April.

Easy to get to, plenty of cheap B&B accom and great high skiing plus a lively town
snow conditions
Verbier?
snow conditions
Alpe d'huez?
ski holidays
Lp1977 wrote:
Hi
I know it changes yearly , but does anyone have any recommendations for a ski resort Late March / early April with plenty of snow for a family.
Thanks in advance

Obergurgl and Solden. Stayed last April in Obergurgl. Snow absolutely fine. Skied two days in Solden on same lift pass, 20 min bus ride, if that. Fine above mid station (which is most of the skiing). Slope orientation better in Obergurgl.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy