Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bardonecchia - need advice quickly!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to book a ski hól for Jan 24. Hubby & I are non skiers. We are just back from a santa trip to Lapland (Levi) & our girls aged 9 & 10 went to ski school & loved it! Rang Crystal today & got a great quote of 2,800 euro for 7 nights flights, accommodation, transfers & luggage. The accommodation is Residence Campo Smith apartments

Also included in the price is a ski bundle for the girls including ski school, lift pass & equipment hire. Travelling Jan 14th '24.
Questions :
What activity is there for kids? They loved sledging in Levi.
Is the ski school good? How busy would it be mid January & are the instructors English speaking?
How are the restaurants?
How can me & dh help our girls if we don't ski? In Levi we just sent them up the magic carpet & they came back down Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Skifamily22, welcome to SHs. snowHead Do you mean this holiday is for January 2024? If so, you probably have some time to think about it. There will be lots of advice available here. I can't help on Bardonecchia, but generally if kids are in a ski school they don't need any help from parents for the ski lessons (indeed, parents are generally just a nuisance) but obviously it will be hard for them to ski outside ski lessons, without supervising and competent adults.

One suggestion - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Learn to ski yourselves and you have years of fun (and expensive) holidays ahead of you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi pam yes 2024! I wanted to avail of crystals free child place & I thought 2,800 euro incl the ski bundle was very good for the four of us!
However it's ery hard to get any info on Bardonecchia online. Would love to know more about the Campo Smith apartments, they are in an ideal location next to the ski school meeting point & also at the edge of the slopes.
I think my girls would just really enjoy some snow fun after the lessons.
Our options from Dublin are limited but Crystal advise us to start cheap & cheerful in Italy or Andorra (1,000 more expensive). We really don't want to do DIY. Too much for our first ski hol! The ski bundle provided is just what I want!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skifamily22,

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194684-d314276-Reviews-Residence_Campo_Smith-Bardonecchia_Province_of_Turin_Piedmont.html

https://www.bardonecchia.it/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you! Has any snowheadder experience of travelling here as a beginner family? Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think we might go for it! Need to get back to Crystal by 12...cabt see us getting cheaper...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like they have special learn to ski packs. why don't you see if they do the same for adults and as @pam w said
Quote:

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Learn to ski yourselves
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skitrack they have adults as well, I'm just really scared!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s a very long time since we went, but we went to exactly the same hotel with our young at the time daughter. Not long after the olympics but easily more than 10yrs ago as she’s 19 now!
It is ski in and ski out as I recall but just a single chair lift out to the rest of the area, but nursery slopes almost directly outside.
The teaching was ok and they are supposed to all be English speaking but we struggled a little and I spoke no Italian then and ended up conversing in my marginally better French.
If your kids are learning it would be great for you to do it with them and you’ll all be able to help each other and have fun in the afternoons.
The apartments were quite nice, it was a bit of a walk to the shops, there were some nice local restaurants but I imagine a lot has changed.
You could always get some taster lessons before you go to feel more comfortable.

HTH

Padster
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@padster thank you! I think DH & I may go ourselves for lessons but we'll book them later. Really happy with the deal, I don't think we'd get ski in ski out any cheaper. Would love Austria but a similar holiday was just under 5,000 so this is half the price. I think we'll book it, will be a very good starter ski hol I think?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Skifamily22, I have been to Bardonnechia twice, both times with beginner adults. All loved it, and have gone on to ski regularly ever since. Easy access from Turin too. The beginner area is very convenient for those apartments and I would say it’s a good family-orientated resort, rather than a party town. Great pizza restaurants if I recall correctly. There is also a second ski area (Jafferau) which is accessed by free bus in just a couple of minutes - this offers an alternative area should the snow not be great at Campo Smith and, on both occasions I’ve been, was lovely.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Skifamily22, go for it, you've outlaid the majority of cost already so adding the ski bundle won't hurt (too much) and I'm sure if you already like winter holidays you'll love this one even more.

Plus once the kids are out of beginner ski school they'll need some protection on the mountain after their morning lessons finish.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@homers double, this is a very good point. You wouldn't want to restrict the kids' skiing time to only 2 hours a day because their parents don't know how to ski.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some good tips in the posts above.
Bardonnechia is one of the cheapest (lift pass/food/drink) resorts in Italy and therefore mainstream Europe. However aesthetically it looks like what it is; a small working town incl a train station on the side of a mountain valley with ski lifts and slopes next to it rather than a cute little Tyrolean village. Bardoneccia is mostly quiet during the week which can make skiing here very pleasant. However carefully consider February half term when Bardoneccia is packed with multinational school groups all learning to ski. The ski area is not particularly extensive so when the resort is full of skiers the natural choke points can become tricky at end of lessons/day etc.(This is not unique to Bardoneccia but worth mentioning nevertheless!) Jafferau is the quieter of the two areas, small but some worthwhile skiing here too.
Locals are friendly and there is pizza, hot chocolates and ice-cream for the girls. The high street features real shops and not all the usual tourist tat. Firmly family oriented rather than a party town. You and the girls should have a great ski holiday here. Good choice.
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy