Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best way from London to Kitzbühel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doubtful it made the news but my daughter just moved to London and I'm scheming to have her meet me in Kitzbühel in March. Off the top of my head I'd guess the best way for her to get there is fly to INN and then train to Kitz, but you'd know better. Maybe MUC then train? Thoughts? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Scooter in Seattle, approximate transfer times by road...
Innsbruck Airport (INN) – 1 hour 45 minutes
Salzburg Airport (SZG) – 1 hour 35 minutes
Munich Airport (MUC) – 2 hours 20 minutes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coach transfers are most convenient and fastest, although trains are possible.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup, Inns + Train if its cheap enough.
Otherwise MUC + Flix Bus

Comes down to flight times/prices/convenience
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scooter in Seattle, Not so many flights to Innsbruck so probably have to be Munich. Onward connection from the airport not so straight forward. Maybe one of the transfer companies would run a shared transfer (Four seasons travel). Train is perfectly doable but rather slow. Sbahn to either Hauptbahnhof or Ostbahnhof. Best get an EC train to Wörgl (they only run every two hours) and change there for the train to Kitzbühel. You can get a regional train but would have to change again in Kufstein. I dont believe there are any regular bus or coach services the bus station is near Hauptbahnhof. If you can find a flight to Innsbruck (perhaps KLM via Amsterdam) then it is a bit easier, shuttle to Hauptbahnhof, regular trains to Wörgl then train to Kitzbühel. Unfortunately the most convenient option is generally car hire
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salzburg is a more convenient airport for Kitzbühel than Munich. There are flights from London to Salzburg most days during the winter.

Kitzbühel is only approx. 2 hours by train from Salzburg - there are frequent departures either direct to Kitzbühel or with one change. Salzburg Hbf main station is a 15 minute bus ride from the airport.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Doubtful it made the news but my daughter just moved to London and I'm scheming to have her meet me in Kitzbühel in March. Off the top of my head I'd guess the best way for her to get there is fly to INN and then train to Kitz, but you'd know better. Maybe MUC then train? Thoughts? Thanks.

Or Salzburg. Lot more flights now it seems including BA daily from Gatwick.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Why am I here? See above. Big help.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have used MUC + Train: you take the S-bahn / tube directly from arrivals hall to Munich Ost and find your train. it will probably involve a change at Worgl.
You will find a train that works if your flight does not arrive too late. Tickets are cheap - business class is very reasonable also. Get off at Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm station an you are right bang in the middle.
www.oebb.at/en
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy