Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis left on the Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anyone else out there noticing that skis/boards are being left more and more on the piste when the ski racks are almost empty. In Ellmau yesterday the entrance to a piste was reduced to a few metres because of skis/boards dumped on both sides. If people leave their equipment much further from a restaurant they are going to need a taxi to take them there. Obviously, in some places it matters not, but sometimes it can be dangerous. No one here, in Skiwelt, seems to give a damn about it. Or I am becoming a grumpy old man!! [url=https://www.chaletheidi.co.uk/GettingToChaletHeidi.html][/url] Puzzled All these skis/boards are on the piste, so far from the restaurant you can't see it!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 15-02-24 18:11; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just trying to correct the link
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw it a lot of this on my recent 4 Vallées trip. I almost skied into the bindings of one snow-encrusted pair on the approach to a 95% empty ski rack. I just don’t understand the logic of it. And there were big signs telling people not to do it. The café owner looked like he was just about to drive his skidoo over them ….

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 15-02-24 17:29; edited 4 times in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes you've noticed or yes I've become a grumpy old man!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I've also noticed it. And I'm a grumpy old woman.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had to laugh a few weeks back, a friend of mine skiied over half a dozen skis on the ground outside a mountain cafe that were half obscured with snow. Laughing Next time maybe they'll out them in the rack or up right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes. really annoying
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yip, just move them - throw one ski one way and throw the other the other way. Just chuck a board as far as possible!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
Yip, just move them - throw one ski one way and throw the other the other way. Just chuck a board as far as possible!

I’ve done similar, moved them, but not together Laughing

I await replies from Snowheads keyboard ‘tough guys’, along the lines of if ever they caught anyone touching their skis they would robustly take direct action.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I noticed the opposite at La Folie Douce in Val D'Isere. I tried to stand my skis neatly against the fence in the absence of a ski rack and an employee took them down and placed them in the snow! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow&skifan wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

I await replies from Snowheads keyboard ‘tough guys’, along the lines of if ever they caught anyone touching their skis they would robustly take direct action.
They'd have to catch you first...................... assuming they ever found their skis and you hadn't adjusted their bindings too! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes never seen so many skis parked flat on the snow as in LDA few weeks ago…..but that said I’ve also never seen anywhere with so few ski racks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Leaving stuff in people's way is stupid and inconsiderate. But if one can leave 'em over yonder/out of the way for a quick pit stop, fine.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Western skiers need to adopt the Japanese, very neat rows, approach. We couldn't believe it when we saw it on Hokkaido last year! Very Happy

latest report
I was approaching a hut on the Hochkonig the other week, the access is a narrow path down the side, a wall of snow on one side the hut on the other, no ski racks. Everyone sensibly stood their skis up against the wall of snow...except for one tosser who left them akimbo in the middle of the path with a rucksack on them. I gave them a shove but they didn't move so I edged past them rather than try and untangle them and move them, given I was on skis. I planned to pick them up and toss them aside if they were still there when I finished my coffee - was rather disappointed they had gone
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Western skiers need to adopt the Japanese, very neat rows, approach. We couldn't believe it when we saw it on Hokkaido last year! Very Happy

Yea, but once the various owners of those neatly organized skis came out at random timing and took their skis away, it would no longer look so neat any more.

It may actually resemble what the OP had observed. Considering the skis parked farest away would be coming out the last (since they must have arrived last). Late comers would be left wondering why they left their skis so far away from the restaurant.
snow conditions
Surprised to see flat-roof architecture in a place where by reputation it never stops snowing....
snow conditions
king key wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

They'd have to catch you first...................... assuming they ever found their skis and you hadn't adjusted their bindings too! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Laughing
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:

They are almost certainly from a school group or similar, with each groups leaders skis standing vetically. Without taking this approach it would be chaos with that many children trying to select from similar locking skis.
snow conditions
PowderAdict wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:

They are almost certainly from a school group or similar, with each groups leaders skis standing vetically. Without taking this approach it would be chaos with that many children trying to select from similar locking skis.

Don't come on here using common sense and logic!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy