Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going from trip to trip between Geneva and St Anton in Jan. What's the quickest and easiest way to do this?

Google indicates a train to Zurich then a train to St Anton...

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That would be it I think, although you could probably drive it in a similar time

I did those trains years ago and it worked fine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nicktaylor98, driving is probably the quickest but train is easy change in Zürich. Swiss autobahns have become rather painful speed cameras everywhere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, train would be easiest. https://oebb.at gives the journey at 5.5hr with one change, so that would be a no brainier for me, as I think the drive would be about the same, plus presumably the time it takes to collect a hire car, and don’t forget ~70€ in tolls for CH and AT. Sparscheine tickets from 30€ one way if you want to risk fixing your train booking, depending on what time you land.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done Innsbruck (so just 1 hour further than St Anton) to Geneva by train once, and twice to Morzine (so just a bit further than Geneva) by car. Both are pretty easy but unless you have unwieldy luggage like bikes (skis are fine!) take the train so you can kick back and relax (plus then no issues with parking at the other end). Actually going the direction Geneva > St Anton the train makes even more sense as the train station is walking distance from all hotels in St Anton, so no need for an expensive transfer like you'd need Geneva > a ski resort there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its a great train ride for the first half of the journey to Zurich .. so try and do that bit in daylight.
The train leaves every hour at 32mins past the hour, its a 5hour 29mins journey with just a 12min transfer time at Zurich HB, so you had better gather a picnic at the Migros supermarket before you board.
(I dont think they sell alcohol in there though Sad )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS @nicktaylor98, Welcome to SnowHeads
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nicktaylor98, I have done the trip using the train, it is easy and most pleasant. As said above - Train to Zurich then the train to St Anton. The train from Zurich is lovely, I had a delicious Schnitzel on lovely white table cloths in the restaurant carriage. For all train times in mainland Europe I use:

https://www.bahn.de

It is a super tool, I took the train from Ashford to St Anton and back one February half-term. I have also flown to Zurich and taken the train to St Anton on a couple of occasions. I organised that Swiss railways phoned me at home at 9.00am the day the tickets came out, they did on the button!

The most confusing thing I found when buying tickets for inter-resort travel has been the price, I just could not compute that the price was what I was reading, I thought I must have lost a zero or something.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy