Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton best off-piste guides?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In St Anton with 5 strong skiers last week of Jan. Looking for the best and most affordable company for an off-piste guide for the day!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These guys have a good reputation: https://pistetopowder.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nicktaylor98, I have skied plenty with PtP mainly with Franzi Trimmel who now has his operation (Alloffpiste), both will be excellent options.
https://alloffpiste.com
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wasn't impressed with p2p. They merged two groups (1&2) but tried to hide that from the group participants. Both the skiers from the weaker group got broken during the day and dropped out. The guide then took us from where we were to another part of the area that was shrouded in cloud. Actually I think that was the point the second guy broke.

I mean, don't get me wrong, they didn't make any call worse than the people I normally ski with. Its just that the group I normally ski with doesn't cough up close to a thousand pounds for trained, local expertise Happy

<Edit: looks like most of the team has changed since I went with them. It was bloody ages ago. So hopefully they have improved. Have they been taken under new ownership?
Wasn't Graham A the owner at some point. ....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied 5 days with https://pistetopowder.com/ last season (March 2022). Given poor off-piste conditions I thought they did an excellent job. I would recommend this company.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn’t use Piste to Powder again (it was a long time ago now though) simply because the group was ill matched. Strong skiers mixed with people that couldn’t cope so there was too large a variation in ability and as such the people who found it hard didn’t enjoy it (and slowed the strong skiers down).

Arlberg Powder Club? A friend went with them a few times and said it was good.

Try New Generation.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out
www.destinationwinter.com
Ute Heppke is a born and bred local in the Arlberg region and has been guiding and instructing for the last 20 years.
Ute has just started her own company to give her guiding and instruction more of a personal experience, than she can achieve when working for the larger ski schools.
As a long time partner in the successful Arlberg Kayak School, Ute knows how to run a business and give clients an experience of a lifetime.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been to St Anton with Snoworks. They alternate their own instructors with local guides. Use https://arlberg-guides.at/eng/ Had a good experience with our Guide ?? Christian

As five of you there should be no worry with a mix matched group. You will just be booking an individual guide for the day for the five of you.

Mix matched groups are a great frustration (for all) when booking OP. Amazes me that people who are effectively racing snowploughers with a few weeks experience can go off-piste. Standing around waiting for constant fallers is a nuisance and a waste of money too. Mind i would not wish to be the worst skier in a very fast group either. Benefit of going with Snoworks when they take alot of people to St Anton or Tignes although can still be an issue with resorts where there is only one group.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy