Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Car Rental...the Best Service we've ever had

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There have been loads of threads on hiring cars at Geneva, but I have to report on our recent experience.

Last minute, long weekend.
Rentals were expensive...ouch!

On Kayak my friend found cityautorent.
Never heard of them!
Still...we booked. They were available and quite a bit cheaper than the rest, advertised as on-airport.

The renting instructions were a bit different:
The owner would be there to greet us at arrivals (he was) and would take us to the car (he did) and drive a short distance (very short) to his office (in the ICC) to do the paperwork (very quick), then off we go.

On return we go to his office (he was waiting), quick paperwork and he drove us to the airport door.

The car was new, perfect really.

The owner then said that in the future if we book direct with him it would be quite a lot cheaper than using any booking website (the absolute reverse in my experience of every other company).
He said that over 90% of his winter trade is UK based skiers, mostly repeat business.

Honestly...it was the best car hire experience, so I thought I'd pass it on.
If you look at his Google Reviews they are very, very good indeed.

So the owner is Lionel Menand
+41227107272
www.cityautorent.com

To be clear: I have no connection, and nothing to gain!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will give them a call. Prices for next weekend sky rocketed and their are not the lowest ones but it's based on search engines.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rungsp, thanks - I'm getting a website maintenance screen tho'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too get a website maintenance screen. When you google search this company none of the searches come up with a website address. In this day and age a car hire company without a website address raises a few red flags. The reviews also seem too good to be true. Not saying @rungsp, did not get great service but it is not something i would be comfortable doing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did a bit more research by googling Lionel Menard. Google box comes up with company name but no website address. Frequently asked questions show he was saying website was being updated a year ago. When people ask for his email address he says google will not let him give it out.

Make your own decision but what would you do if he did not turn up at the airport and was not answering his phone ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's weird...I hadn't even tried the website before I copied it off his business card
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of my best experiences with car rentals was in Portugal where the guy arrived, prepared all documents on a bench at the airport and didn't realise my CC was expired when taking all details.

I agree it does look suspicious but I called the guy and there is almost nothing left for this weekend. He could offer a big SUV for 250chf, which is in line with big brands.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy