Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - private lesson needed for GCSE requirements

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, There is the possibility that I would need 2x 2-3 hour private lessons in Tignes during the week of 11-19 Feb to fulfill GCSE filming requirements. I know this is a long shot due to it being half term week but does anyone know anyone who might have availability?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you looked on maison sport?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Purplecat, Steve Angus is in Val D'Isere and comes highly recommended and if he can't sort it for you, he may know someone who can.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at Alan Hole. Via Alpine Logic or Maison Sport. Generally not that busy in the school hols. As he concentrates on adults.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll 2nd Steve Angus. I've skied with him and wouldn't have coaching from anyone else in EK now.
I also hear good things about free flow floss, who lives and coaches in the valley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks for the recommendations. I replied to your message earlier on Purplecat - I personally can't help with those dates (assuming your ski day starts on the 12th?) but one of my colleagues has one (perhaps a 2nd) afternoon slot free that week. valdisere@tdcski.com - drop Anna in our office an email and see what you can set up is probably the best course of action! It might mean skiing over from Tignes to Val to get the session in. Good luck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks for the recommendations. I replied to your message earlier on Purplecat - I personally can't help with those dates (assuming your ski day starts on the 12th?) but one of my colleagues has one (perhaps a 2nd) afternoon slot free that week. valdisere@tdcski.com - drop Anna in our office an email and see what you can set up is probably the best course of action! It might mean skiing over from Tignes to Val to get the session in. Good luck.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies for the thread hijack but what are the GCSE requirements?

My son started his GCSE in PE this year and has made no mention that the filming needs to be done by an instructor, however, that’s pretty standard practice for him. Eh oh!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We’re in les arcs now and my son needs some filming. It doesn’t need an instructor but it needs decent filming so either a good zoom lens or ski next to them but that depends how good you / they are. They also must be filmed in a numbered bib.

You can easily do the filming in one 2 hour lesson though. I don’t think it needs to be long.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ThorBjornsson, it depends which exam board the school use. It will either be AQA or OCR and you can Google both sets of criteria. There are also videos online (you tube or Vimeo) to give you ideas.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ThorBjornsson wrote:
Apologies for the thread hijack but what are the GCSE requirements?

My son started his GCSE in PE this year and has made no mention that the filming needs to be done by an instructor, however, that’s pretty standard practice for him. Eh oh!

My daughter did skiing as one of her GCSE sports and we had her filming done by a ski school in Avoriaz. I could have done it myself, but would rather it be done by an instructor who read the spec (I emailed it through to them) and would set it up in a way to best demonstrate the skills needed.

Page 84 if you want to see the spec for OCR board:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/234827-guide-to-non-exam-assessment.pdf
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many thanks for the advice.

And can I just check - those doing the filming, are you in the 1st or 2nd year of the GCSE? I’m starting to feel rather guilty I’ve not organised anything.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Currently in the first year of GCSE. My eldest, who did this a couple of years ago had a deadline of early spring in year 11 to get the film completed so we couldn't make use of an Easter trip to finish things off. In fact, I think it was before the half term break in Feb......?

We just took a check list up the mountain and got a couple of takes of each drill then padded the rest out with general ski footage and pointed bits of skill out in the videos as required. To be fair, they were marked by the school teacher and he didn't know a great deal about skiing.....

Here's a link to AQA: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/physical-education/gcse/physical-education-8582/scheme-of-assessment/non-exam-assessment-nea-practical-performance-in-physical-activity-and-sport/activities-criteria/skiing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That’s brilliant thank you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ThorBjornsson wrote:
Many thanks for the advice.

And can I just check - those doing the filming, are you in the 1st or 2nd year of the GCSE? I’m starting to feel rather guilty I’ve not organised anything.

We had to do ours in the 2nd year of GCSEs, as covid prevented any skiing in her 1st year. We went in February and it was still done in plenty of time at that point.
ski holidays
Thanks everyone! There had been a mistake with dates booked for the wrong week and were looking at all the above options. Luckily it was possible to change the dates of the original booking but obviously panic had set in when we couldn't get through to them!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy