Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayerhofen hotels….

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am looking to squeeze in a trip to Mayerhofen first week of March and was looking at Manni’s Sporthotel or the Neuhaus. Is there anyone who has stayed at either of these hotels would care to venture an opinion ( or indeed recommend another ). Any other snowheads who would care to tell me about Mayerhofen as this will be my first visit, that would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Andy.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can only tell you about Manis, when we were there 10 years ago the rooms were a bit old fashioned but ok, the pool on the roof and spa were great. We dined in the resident only dining room which was extremely good, but I have seen reports from others saying that they had to dine in the public restaurant at the front of the hotel which is lower quality. It's a 5 min walk to the lift on the main street which is also handy.

As for Neuhaus, I haven't stayed there but if you go there make sure you are in the main hotel and not the annex which overlooks a dung heap. Seen a lot of complaints about that. The Neuhaus is also further from the lift so the ski bus is required but close to the train station for days out to other resorts.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 30-12-22 12:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in Manni's in 2018, food was good but not excellent, location was about a 5 minute walk from the Gondola.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. Did you both enjoy the skiing there ?
Andy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used to stay in the Neuhaus annex years ago. Don't recall seeing (or smelling) any dung heaps. It's right by the station for trips down to Kaltenbach or Zell am Ziller, but does mean a ski bus to get to the main Mayrhofen lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I found the Mayrhofen slopes to be quite busy but if you are prepared to get on a ski bus/taxi the other ski areas were good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Restless native wrote:
Hi,
I am looking to squeeze in a trip to Mayerhofen first week of March and was looking at Manni’s Sporthotel or the Neuhaus. Is there anyone who has stayed at either of these hotels would care to venture an opinion ( or indeed recommend another ). Any other snowheads who would care to tell me about Mayerhofen as this will be my first visit, that would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Andy.

Manni's is good, rooms old fashioned (but maybe they've updated in 4 years)? Food pretty good, typical Austrian 4 star.

Roof pool was fantastic

Location good - bus access, short walk from Penkenbahn or to station

Mayrhofen in March should be fine as skiing all pretty high for standard Tyrol resorts; when I went in March valley was green but all skiing open Lots of access points, only one in village. Worth a trip to Zell am Ziller on train/bus or bus - you can really get the sense of travelling out the back of that area
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mayrhofen slopes weren't too busy in early April this year. The snow was great too.

We've skied there a few times. The slopes are fairly extensive and you can feel like you're covering some miles by travelling up the valley (on skis!) to the Eggalm/Lanersbach areas. The lift system is decent enough.

It's worth a look up The Ahorn, which is a separate mountain in Mayrhofen. Not particularly extensive but a lovely cruising (relatively steep in places) run back to the valley. There's a mini snow hotel up there too. You can go in for a drink in the ice bar - sitting on sheepskin rugs on the seating made of ice. We stayed the night at the hotel a few years back (for Mrs MA'S birthday) and it was a great experience. We had a fondue in a mountain restaurant, plus sledging, a burning torchlight walk and marshmallow roasting, before sleeping in an ice room. You then ski down on deserted pistes after breakfast the next morning.

There's some great skiing elsewhere in the valley - covered on the Ziller Valley ski pass. Public transport (buses and train) is free and excellent. The ski pass includes snow sure Hintertux Glacier too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2planks wrote:
I found the Mayrhofen slopes to be quite busy but if you are prepared to get on a ski bus/taxi the other ski areas were good.

Depends when you are there, so far I've never come across a ski area that wasn't busy in peak weeks.

We normally go at the end of march start of April, at that time there are absolutely zero queues.

Looking at the web cams today it looks busy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
2planks wrote:

Depends when you are there, so far I've never come across a ski area that wasn't busy in peak weeks.

We normally go at the end of march start of April, at that time there are absolutely zero queues.

To the OP.

We love it and tend to head out there every year at the end of March and often in summer. Probably spent more than 30 weeks out there over the years.

If you are travelling with Crystal from Scotland, then note that the prices from Glasgow are a lot cheaper than the Edinburgh flight for the same holiday (bust the Glasgow flight times are worse). Do you plan to go half board or B&B? If B&B then then Mike's sports bar (Siegeler hotel) is a good option that's cheaper than the bigger hotels. Don't worry about the old bad reviews, they are irrelevant since the hotel was rebuilt a few years ago.

There are loads of places to eat in town if you are B&B'ing.

20 years worth of pics from the Hof here if you want to get a feel for place.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=family#2124833

I've go a thread here somewhere on the OP that's easily accessible, I'll dig it out if you are interested.

The main OP routes are also shown here in blue (Death Valley).

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JimboS wrote:
2planks wrote:

To the OP.

We love it and tend to head out there every year at the end of March and often in summer. Probably spent more than 30 weeks out there over the years.

If you are travelling with Crystal from Scotland, then note that the prices from Glasgow are a lot cheaper than the Edinburgh flight for the same holiday (bust the Glasgow flight times are worse). Do you plan to go half board or B&B? If B&B then then Mike's sports bar (Siegeler hotel) is a good option that's cheaper than the bigger hotels. Don't worry about the old bad reviews, they are irrelevant since the hotel was rebuilt a few years ago.

There are loads of places to eat in town if you are B&B'ing.

20 years worth of pics from the Hof here if you want to get a feel for place.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=family#2124833

I've go a thread here somewhere on the OP that's easily accessible, I'll dig it out if you are interested.

The main OP routes are also shown here in blue (Death Valley).

Thank you so much, very useful. I am planning to use Crystal and did notice that the price flying from Glasgow was considerably cheaper than my usual choice, Edinburgh. I don’t mind at all having an early flight and getting to resort that much quicker, gives more time for a look at round before skiing. I am planning b+b too.
Many thanks
Andy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2018 we stayed in the hotel Edenlehen. You get a free locker at the top of the gondola if you book direct so we would walk to the Penkenbahn every day to save the bus hassle and put our boots on at the top. Nice hotel, smashing family and good food.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The problem with a ski locker at the top of lifts, especially in Mayrhofen is that then you are stuck with using the Penken when there are several alternatives.

In most resorts if I have to walk I wear trainers to and from base lifts and carry skis and boots over shoulders and take a back pack.. though in my old age I now try to get ski in, ski out; have booked two this year in Ellmau and Selva.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@musher, Flight only from Scotland are prohibitively expensive this year making Crystal seem like a bargain. However their hotel offering has shrunk enormously and doesn't include the Edenlehen.

My daughter just decided to head out in a week's time to meet us and booked independently rather than Crystal as the flights from London on a Sunday are less than half that from Scotland. She booked this place for £450 for a week for B&B, it's just under the Penken gondola.

https://www.zumgriena.at/de/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Neuhaus would be my choice, the main public areas have been revamped this year and look really nice, Manni's has the better location as its on the Main Street and closer to the main lifts HOWEVER that also means lots more noise as night time as the nightclubs empty out.

I always found that Manni's catered to the Russian market but I guess that's dead at the moment.
snow report
Many thanks for the replies snowheads
Andy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy