Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello Everyone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Everyone

I thought it was time I wrote my first ever post on here, and officially said "hello".

Given I'm an absolute beginner at posting stuff, please excuse any "forum faux-pas" that I might well make.

I suppose I ought to say something about myself, although I'm one of those people who always dreads those words "tell us a bit about yourself", whenever they come up.

It turns out I actually signed up on here way back in 2016, but had hardly visited this site in the following six years. Then last May I injured my knee, and it was on researching other people's experiences, that I found my way back on to here.

Since this "rediscovery", I've spent quite a while (aka procrastinating) reading lots of interesting threads. I've been amused at some of the comments about Harald Harb. I confess I'm a Harb devotee. The videos on YouTube by Lito Tejada-Flores were a real eye-opener for me. I wish I'd come across them many years before.

These much-vaunted "bashes" look tempting, but up till now my skiing trips have always been with some sort of package option, or with friends. Organizing the transport etc sounds a bit daunting, and I can imagine a scene where I'm stuck at some airport or train station as night starts to fall, a full 3 hour drive to the resort, with no means of transport.

But hey ho, always look on the bright side and all that.

I'll be in Tignes next week, from Wednesday till the following Wednesday. It'll be my first trip since doing my knee in, and for the first time I have a sense of trepidation about getting back out on the slopes. I'm really not sure how well my knee will hold up, but there's only one way to find out.

If anyone else is around, perhaps some sort of social skiing session(s) could be arranged.

Right, I've written far too much for a first missive, so it's time I got this in the post, so to speak.

All the best now

Emanuel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@EmanuelShadrack, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Good luck getting back on the planks and hope your knee holds up….it’s always a bit nerve-wracking.

The bashes are great fun and a good way to get to know equally enthusiastic folk in terms of skiing…and sometimes partying Toofy Grin The set up is good and there are often plenty of people who can help share advice on the best travel options. Indeed, quite a few coordinate travel plans, travel together etc etc.

Some folk even managed to find marriage as a result of meeting on bashesToofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHead s Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EmanuelShadrack, another welcome to sHs. Odds on you'd make friends on a bash. And if you're not taking part in some organised activity, odds on that there'll be a group of folk doing something you'd like doing, and you'd be welcome to join them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowheads, just take it easy for the first few runs and you'll find out!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to Snowheads. For your trip out, you might do well to post over on the Tignes or Val d'Isere threads over in Snow Reports Weather section as that is where the resort regulars tend to hang out. There is also plenty of information on decent places to eat and drink etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@EmanuelShadrack, welcome to snowHeads! Hope your return to skiing is a success.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sno trax wrote:
Welcome to Snowheads. For your trip out, you might do well to post over on the Tignes or Val d'Isere threads over in Snow Reports Weather section as that is where the resort regulars tend to hang out. There is also plenty of information on decent places to eat and drink etc.

Thank you @sno trax, I shall do precisely that. (Now, I wonder if the @-thingy thing will work...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome back. Good luck in Tignes.

To do the @, just click on the person's user name next to their post.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@EmanuelShadrack, welcome (back) to snowHeads.

I faced a similar situation after a knee op about 6 years ago. My return to skis was in Tignes, first week of April and I was nervous.

Wasn’t helped on 1st day by low cloud, very flat light and chopped up pistes near Le Lac. After a dozen laps off the Rosset chair and the Lavachet drag I’d had enough and was discouraged.

Next day sun was out and what a difference. After a couple of hours around Tignes, confidence returned. By midweek I felt back to exploring pretty much anything on piste across the whole area.

Hope it goes well and stick at it if faced with difficulties to start with.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good Morning All

Thanks for all your replies, advice, and encouragement.

Maybe one day I'll meet some of you in person. Currently I'm not booking more than one trip ahead, but the later "bashes" this season have piqued my interest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy