Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt - Mon 12th to Fri 16th December 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, after much (MUCH!) deliberation, and seeing as I already had flights booked for the dates above (rearranged for free since first COVID lockdown until I couldn't deliberate further and didn't want to pay change fees), I've finally decided where I'll be going in mid-December and it's Zermatt.

I've been before and was determined to go somewhere new, but every other big possible option (Saas-Fee, Crans Montana, Interlaken for the Jungfrau) within reasonable SBB travel time of Geneva Airport seemed unlikely to be fully open then, so decided to save those for another day.

I've managed to find a single room in Zermatt (Hotel Gornergrat Dorf, opposite the train station) for only a little over double what I paid to stay in Täsch in first week of January 2020 (which now looks even more ridiculously cheap than I thought it was at the time) but if there's anyone else who fancied a quick pre-Xmas trip and wanted to share room costs, then I'd be open to that. I've got until the 5th December to cancel.

Failing that, if anyone else is going to be there and fancies cruising with an intermediate boarder at any point, give me a shout. I'm quite content doing these little trips on my own, seeing as the missus has no interest in joining me, but I'm sure there's plenty I could learn about the area (not to mention , snowboarding) from others.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jebroni3_16, Hello - are you still going? I'm possibly looking at same location and dates!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup. Just replied to your PM.

My window of cancellation for the hotel ended today at 6pm, so I'm definitely staying there now. Looks like they still have availability and were cheapest I could find in Zermatt / Täsch / Randa without being a right ballache to get to / from.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there, fellow snowboarder here who's going to be solo in Zermatt next week for a few days. Been there plenty of times so know resort & slopes pretty well. If you fancy meeting up and going for a few runs let me know.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds grand.

All being well, I'll be boarding Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday and have gone for the international pass up front for simplicity's sake.

Will drop you a PM now with contact details
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So, just checked my phone and discovered that my flight from Brum at lunchtime has been cancelled. I'm assuming as a result of general flight disruption and planes not being where they would need to be!

So, if anyone is thinking of going to Zermatt this week and wants a single room, looks like mine might be going spare!

Can't make it to Manchester in time for this morning's flight (although possibly could have if I'd checked my phone when I first woke up just before 5 this morning) and the other flights from the North West don't get into Zermatt until the train to Zermatt stops running.

Decisions, decisions...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Club of GB have a guide there and in Cervinia.

Well worth joining and meeting up every day. No need to ever look at a map - get preferential treatment in the best mountain restaurants.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gilgamesh wrote:
Ski Club of GB have a guide there and in Cervinia.

Well worth joining and meeting up every day. No need to ever look at a map - get preferential treatment in the best mountain restaurants.

Guide?
But, yes, this works very well in Zermatt and Cervinia.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guide, rep, leader, instructor: same difference.
If the chap has a fancy jacket and talks a good game, follow on!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Super Chap Great Bloke wrote:
Guide, rep, leader, instructor: same difference.
If the chap has a fancy jacket and talks a good game, follow on!

Nowadays no fancy jacket, and they're very keen not to be seen as leaders ... or guides
Although that is what they do best...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy