Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way / Via Lattea tickets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Does anyone know how to buy ski passes for the via lattea / milky way ski area? I've booked flights and then looked on their website which only shows passes to buy for the coming week. Is it really possible that they have sold out all types of passes even day passes for the whole season? Or am I looking in the wrong places.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems to be impossible right now. Montgenevre doesn't even mention Via Lattea on their website. Strange. My best guess would be, they are still caught up in debates about pricing or how to share the profits. Not good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had a quick look at their web page -- Suspect it is a 'glitch' with the web site?? (can't see that you are doing anything wrong..)

===edit===

There is a bit on the Montegenevre website that mentions "The international ski area for only 2 € more than the French one" but is is marked as 'Coming Soon"

Their Monte Luna pass includes two days in the Via Lattea
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless you are planning to ski over to Sestriere every day I would just get the Monts de lune pass which includes Montgenevre and Claviere plus a day skiing in the wider milky way (maybe two according to the post above). The pass for the whole area used to be called the grand Galaxie I think and it also included a day in Serre Chevalier etc
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The web page has changed since I visited at 14.40 -- 'Sold out' is now showing as 'Available soon'..!?!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes I've seen that now. It looks like tickets are being sold very short term at the moment. Thanks for the responses.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrandIce wrote:
Yes I've seen that now. It looks like tickets are being sold very short term at the moment. Thanks for the responses.

That's true. But you should get an idea about the pricing by having a look at prices in Serre Che and 2 Alpes. For a family of 4 it comes down to around 1150/1350€ for 6/7 days. Same as 3V. Too much in my opinion. But maybe that's only me.

If I understand that correctly, Monts de la Lune gives you two days of Milky Way; Grande Galaxie includes the whole Milky Way and allows for one day each at Serre Che, 2 Alpes, and AdH. Imho only Serre Che is reasonable, if based in Montgenèvre.

Does anyone know how smooth the connection over to Sestriere and back is? I'm particulary interested, if there is something like a ski route down to Claviere coming back to France.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Suspect that is cos the lifts were mostly not open on 7.12. Sauzy was still shut on the 12, even tho the world cup was on in Sestriere. Should be ok now?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi everyone.
I’m very much new on here (registered ages ago) .Could someone guide me where to look for accommodation in Milky Way area,best website
I guess fights are to Turin and then transfers from there? Any transfer co could recommend?
Thank you
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tristero, the connection with sestriere is painful. Returning from Sestriere involves a gondola down and then 3 consecutive (and slow) chairlifts up
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NBH thanks for the heads up!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy