Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Panorama, Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been? What is it like? Got an option to go here next week but have never heard of it before now.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ally12259, yep...loved it. Not much in the village though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great spot. Lots of lift accessed freeride areas that used to be heli-ski only areas. Can get windy which causes it to be icy sometimes. Still has a heli ski operation in town that does single days. The food in the heli Lodge was great. Village has nice outdoor pools but only a couple of restaurants, bars and takeaways. We did it as a 2 centra with Banff, I'd definitely go back. The apartments we had were great.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ally12259, Yes, stopped off there on the back of a roadtrip in 2020.

Some good terrain, especially if you dont mind a hike - mountain layout is a bit weird in places, base area totally purpose built and you are a captive audience if staying there.

Having a vehicle we atayed in Invermere, cracking deal too, and so able to mix things up a bit.

If you have cheapish deal whats not to like - bit further off the beaten track then Banff, Fairmont hot Springs just down the road too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How far is Fairmont?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ally12259, From Invermere around 15 minutes or so, down the highway IIRC

Decent Hot Springs, - take a towel though. You can rent them if you dont, views of the Rockies while swimming, relaxing, in hot springs Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ally12259, it’s good, lots of free ride terrain, enough there for a week so I’d go
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the advice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did a day there from Banff a few years ago.

Purpose built base up an otherwise empty side valley 12 miles from the town of Invermere. Usual friendly Canadian hospitality.

It is just one mountain, not many lifts, the lower part is pretty tame, but there are multiple ways off the summit and associated ridges. Most are unpisted, so if you can cope with steeps and deep (after snowfall), you could have a lot of fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi wrote:

Purpose built base up an otherwise empty side valley 12 miles from the town of Invermere. Usual friendly Canadian hospitality.

It is just one mountain, not many lifts, the lower part is pretty tame, but there are multiple ways off the summit and associated ridges. Most are unpisted, so if you can cope with steeps and deep (after snowfall), you could have a lot of fun.

It is the only option I have just now.

Not sure if there are any other resorts close by?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ally12259 wrote:
luigi wrote:

It is the only option I have just now.

Not sure if there are any other resorts close by?

Canadian Rockies are a big empty wilderness, it will blow your mind. The view of 1000 peaks from the top of Panorama is unbelievable, miles and miles of snowy mountain wilderness.

There's Kicking Horse to the north, Kimberley to the South and Lake Louise & Banff-Sunshine to the East. They are all 80+miles, so transport will be an issue.

I got a free shuttle bus from Banff to Panorama which must have been subsidised by Panorama to pull in more skiers, but not sure if it works the other way around. It was about a 2 hr drive each way.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I liked it, haven't been for a while though. Check current snow conditions as always.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The bus from Banff to Panoroma is a day trip bus yes but they aren’t running it this season (again).
The bus from Banff to Kicking Horse is running but that doesn’t stop at Panorama so that would be no use to the OP.
There’s enough in Panorama to keep most skiers entertained for a week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
The bus from Banff to Panoroma is a day trip bus yes but they aren’t running it this season (again).
The bus from Banff to Kicking Horse is running but that doesn’t stop at Panorama so that would be no use to the OP.

So there should be enough for an advanced skier and a novice for a week?

What’s the nightlife like?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A very old friend of mine, and his wife (Phil and Clare Marshall), run a ski lodge in Panorama. Earl Grey Lodge.

https://www.earlgreylodge.com/

There are a few videos of the resort on their website. Super friendly people, if you’re looking for somewhere to stay Very Happy
snow report
really enjoyed Panorama. The ski school worked well for the kids they progressed welll and, did some great tuition to tree skiing. Lovelly freeride area, just ski anywhere. Pretty quiet village, with a couple of resturants. I've been back a couple times as part of 10 day trip so it must be god.
snow conditions
ally12259 wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

So there should be enough for an advanced skier and a novice for a week?

What’s the nightlife like?

Advanced skier-yes if you like free ride powder stashes and glades there’s yups. They have a CAT ski up there as well for one bit you can pay separately for, it’s not very expensive.
Novice skier-yes it’s tame pistes down the bottom so there’s enough for them.
Nightlife, don’t think there is any it’s a family place, there’s some bars/restaurants down the bottom but it’s not what I’d call ‘nightlife’
Have a look at the piste map online.
ski holidays
It must be alright as I wanted to do a day trip there again when I’m in Banff but the bus isn’t running this season (again). I was disappointed by that. I could hire a car from Banff.
You could hire a car if you wanted to from Invermere but in a week you will have plenty to do at Panorama so I wouldn’t bother. What with having a novice with you I expect you will be skiing around on easy pistes after they’ve done their lessons?
latest report
Scored a last minute £400 package deal for a week and a half at Panorama 15yrs ago ah those were the days rolling eyes
Would love to go back assuming snow is good (apparently it receives less than other BC resorts)
The off piste especially Taynton Bowl is fantastic. Big vertical and consistent moderate-steep gradient all the way down too Eh oh!
snow conditions
hd wrote:
Scored a last minute all in £400 package deal for Panorama 15yrs ago ah those were the days rolling eyes
Would love to go back assuming snow is good (apparently it receives less than other BC resorts)
The off piste especially Taynton Bowl is fantastic. Big vertical and consistent moderate-steep gradient all the way down too Eh oh!

Ah yes, I got a similar 11nights B&B deal to Banff for £500 in 2008, those were the days when you could get around C$2 to the £!! Very Happy

I did find Panorama a bit icy lower down, conditions were definitely worse than Sunshine & L Louise. And at the time I was a lower intermediate, so I couldn't really capitalise on the upper bowls Sad
snow conditions
@luigi wrote:
Quote:
I did find Panorama a bit icy lower down

It is a bit warmer than Sunshine Village, but at this time of year that's definitely a plus - I think you'd be unlucky to have that sort of issue in Jan.
IMO the quality of grooming is better than almost every resort I have ever been to.

I'm fortunate to have a friend who moved there a couple of years ago, so am lucky enough to have been a couple of times.
As well as Tynton Bowl (which is really great in-boundary off-piste), more than enough lot of groomed runs for a week, they have some great mogul'd trails too.
snow report
Skied there Christmas eve and it was great. There has been some weird warm weather though since and I suspect its icier. I like Pano. Some varied terrain and , unlike most resorts in western Canada, some more interesting hut type restaurants on mountain. We have place in Invermere, which is a nice small town and so are pretty familiar with the area. The Whiteways on the lakes (Lillian and Invermere) are worth a visit if conditions are good, but today they weren't. The route from Calgary to Panorama is a pretty spectacular drive through Kootenay national park. If you aheva car its worth doing some local exploring. We were at Wilmer wetlands yesterday. It was stunning and saw bald eagles and tonnes of elk on the frozen surface, then climbing a bank, wilderbeest migration style. You can see sheep (bighorns) in radium often.
snow conditions
Quote:
I did find Panorama a bit icy lower down
Western Canada ice (ie packed powder) or Alps' ice (ie ice rink)?? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy