Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski goggle that actually fit over glasses…

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, I’m brand new to the forum… So excited to be here!

I love snow skiing, but usually only get to go about once every three years… Heading back out to squaw Valley, in Tahoe… Olympic village. This will be my third trip there.

I need to find some ski goggles that actually will fit over my glasses. I did some online searching, gathered some data and ordered a pair on Amazon (Outdoor Masters Pro -Frameless), and they absolutely do not fit over what I consider my normal size glasses… Can you guys give me some expert advice on some others to consider that will actually fit over my glasses?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you thought of getting goggle inserts in the same prescription?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not for skiing once every three years…
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to use prescription inserts that fitted inside my goggles before I got my eyes zapped. They worked well. Numerous places online do them, all you have to do is put in your numbers from your latest eye test/prescription.

I have just dug out a pair of old specs and put them on, and then put my Oakley Flight Decks on as well. There was plenty of room. Might be an option.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome, thank you!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was going to suggest Flight Decks - just be aware there are 2 sizes (L and M).

Make sure you carry Anti Fog spray for your glasses, which can fog under your goggles.

BTW. A warm welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've also got Flight Decks and wear my glaees under them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of my friends worn a visor helmet and that worked well with her glasses.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
luanb wrote:
One of my friends worn a visor helmet and that worked well with her glasses.

I’ve had several pairs of OTG goggles (mainly Scott as they come in an appropriately small size rolling eyes ) and they have been fine but, were I ever to buy another helmet, I’d definitely be buying one with a visor so that goggles aren’t needed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So I’m noticing there is an XL size as well in the Flight Deck??? Is that just for the headband or is that the actual size of the mask being larger?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Clay49 wrote:
So I’m noticing there is an XL size as well in the Flight Deck??? Is that just for the headband or is that the actual size of the mask being larger?

According to SportRX, the Fight Deck XL is a renamed Flight Deck.

http://youtube.com/v/zJaqjL0FJ00

Oh, and it looks like the L is a renamed XL!

http://youtube.com/v/YfRX9bzIGwk
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I switched to a visor years ago - much less steaming up etc and more comfortable (for me). But if you have a helmet and are set on goggles, and particularly as you’ve had problems, you’re probably better off going to a shop and trying on a few to find ones that do go over your specs - it could be that in resort has the best selection - and have your helmet with you so they’re compatible with that too - sometimes the helmet pushes the goggles down the nose, which doesn’t help, or there’s a gap at between helmet and goggles.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have an Oakley Canopy helmet and they fit over Oakley Holbrook glasses - I could justify buying the Holbrooks as a spare pair, but really they are just for skiing. I bought them online with non-Oakley lenses and my existing prescription for a really reasonable price.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I switched to a visor helmet last season and it worked a treat with my glasses.

That said, if you are committed to goggles then there should be plenty of OTG ones available. Definitely worth visiting your local ski shop (if you have one) and asking for their advice and trying them on with your helmet in person if possible to ensure you obtain a good fit.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Clay49 wrote:
Hi folks, I’m brand new to the forum… So excited to be here!

I love snow skiing, but usually only get to go about once every three years… Heading back out to squaw Valley, in Tahoe… Olympic village. This will be my third trip there.

I need to find some ski goggles that actually will fit over my glasses. I did some online searching, gathered some data and ordered a pair on Amazon (Outdoor Masters Pro -Frameless), and they absolutely do not fit over what I consider my normal size glasses… Can you guys give me some expert advice on some others to consider that will actually fit over my glasses?

Thanks!

I have the Outdoor Master Ultra and they fit comfortably over my (slightly narrower) 'sports' glasses. My large framed normal glasses don't go near any goggles!
ski holidays
Smith make purpose made goggles for spectacle wearers, that are superb (Smith Knowledge Turbo Fan).
They have a minute built-in electric fan (uses a AAA battery) that extracts the condensation and prevents your glasses steaming up on snowy/humid days. They are almost a secret as hardly anyone seems to have heard about them. I've had mine for several years and would not change them, comfortable and effective. Originally I understand they came from motocross where you couldn't have your goggles steaming up whilst charging around in the mud.

https://www.vision3k.com/smith-optics-ski-goggles/knowledge-turbo-fan-otg

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Smith_Knowledge_Turbo_Fan_CP_Everyday_Red_SkiSnow_Goggles_L_Black-(149569)
snow report
I have the same problem and in the end, I always buy in a shop, where I can try out any claimed ability to fit over my spectacles. To be fair, there's so much variation in spectacle frame designs that it'd be a surprise if any one goggle could handle every variant. What's interesting is the extent to which my Reactolite™ spectacles still go dark, even behind the goggles, which implies that a lot of the UV still gets through. Although that obviously may be down to the specific goggles I have.
ski holidays
you'll probably find that buying a visor helmet from somewhere like sport pursuit cheaper than buying OTG goggles and its certainly a better solution however good the anti fogging system the goggles have.
snow report
Always had problems with spectacles and goggles, including inserts. They always fogged up eventually and I could never focus properly. I've now got a helmet with interchangeable visor (blue/mirrored and yellow), absolutely brilliant with spectacles. I'd never go back to goggles.
snow report
I have Oakley Canopy which I wear over Lindberg frames. They work fine. I am a meticulous user of lens wipes. I can’t use contacts, don’t want the long term disadvantages of laser, and prescription goggles means that I would still need glasses when I go into a mountain restaurant. Any steaming up clears very quickly when the vents in the goggles get air flowing through them.
snow report
Merry Christmas Eh oh! . Thought I'd have a quick look in here whilst waiting for the house to get out of bed.
It depends a lot on the glasses you have. Mine are on the small side, ie not a large frontal area. If you got Biggins size (goggle that) then nothing with fit.
I have cheapish OTG goggles, snug fit, but works. I use my sports glasses, slightly better for long distance, don't need to read a book on the slopes, titanium frames, plastic lenses, in case of a knock/fall. Goggles are lens lv2, but if too sunny can switch to my normal glasses which take a clip on shades.
Take the glasses to a shop and do try on sessions.
ski holidays
I got a set of goggles from Decathalon and I can't fault them.
They work absalutely fine with my Oakley Deringer varifocals, I've got a a pair of posh varifocals which are pretty large, they seem a bit restricted.
But I can't believe how good these budget priced goggles are for about £40.00
Its great to have a pair of goggles that I don't have to worry about getting scratched, lost or lent out and forgotten.
snow conditions
Oakley Canopy for me OTG. Full range of swappable lenses available, I use one low light pink one and the jade Bright light one. I've never liked visors as my eyes tend to stream in the wind so goggles work better for me. Make sure your helmet (assuming you have one) has good ventilation as I've found that not overheating your head is key to not misting up.
snow report
Just use a pair of nail scissors or a sharp knife to cut a small channel in the foam where the arm of your glasses run.

Result is a perfectly comfortable OTG style goggle with any goggle and the added advantage of a small amount of extra airflow which is just the right amount to mean that they never fog up, but on the other hand don't get cold.

Believe me, it really works.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy