Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swapping from snowboard carriage to ski carriage - easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Seems like a stupid question, but I'm not going to come unstuck if I decide to take skis rather than a snowboard on my upcoming easyjet flight, am I? I know it has to be less than 20kg (planning to bung 2 sets in..I know it's a bit naughty but will still be under 20kg and I do n't care about insurance as they're worth very little).
I can't imagine I'll have a problem, but conscious my ticket says 'snowboard' not 'ski/snowboard'. Nowt on the website about such things..I assume the official line would be phone up and change it and pay something..

ta

Shipjack.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you'll be fine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think at their end its just "small sports equipment" I doubt they would care as long as you are under the weight limit. I've never had them open mine and look in the bag anyway.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My ski bag is just as big as my board bag (if not longer), and I often take both skis and board with kit.
Never had an issue on Easyjet, so long as its under the 15/20kg weight limit.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I once took a pair of slalom skis, all mountains, my wife’s piste skis and a pair of snow blades all in one bag (under one single small sports luggage booking).

I think, if you check the small print, you are also able to share the weight with any hold luggage you have. Eg if your sports bag is over 20kg, you might be OK so long as your hold luggage is under by a similar amount.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yup, just checked, you can definitely pool the weight.

Quote:
You can pool the total weight allowances for your sports equipment and hold luggage, as long as no single item weighs more than 32kg.

(For example: If you have a total weight allowance of 52kg you could bring hold luggage weighing 31kg and sports equipment weighing 21kg).

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/sports-equipment
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the answers..I shall rest easy and wax my skis up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the difference is that Ski means you can pack boots in a separate bag. Snowboard you cant!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gored, that’s a good point!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gored wrote:
I think the difference is that Ski means you can pack boots in a separate bag. Snowboard you cant!

When I last flew back from Geneva with my snowboard bag, the check-in agent said I could check my boots in separately.

Only came up because of an issue I had with outbound flight and Swissport agent at BHX not recognising my entitlement to an item of "hands free" luggage...

But it seems likely to be that as long as you stay under your weight allowance, you could pack your boots separately. I may be putting this to the test on Monday in fact!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy