Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar strike pre Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Just flagging this. Not good if you're travelling then: BBC News - Eurostar security staff to strike in run-up to Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63808685
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will that affect euro tunnel services ? We are going through on the 21st,
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@robs1, different company
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robs1 wrote:

So are we!

Maybe with fewer Eurostar services, the Eurotunnel will actually run on time!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:

Yes but I wondered if there will be any knock on affect
On the tunnel operating company.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's MITIE staff who do the security at St Pancras...x-raying baggage etc...so it shouldn't affect Eurotunnel (unless they use MITIE staff somewhere and those staff have also agreed to strike).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garfy1971 wrote:
robs1 wrote:

So are we!

Maybe with fewer Eurostar services, the Eurotunnel will actually run on time!

Or more will drive, as part of our package we get flexiplus pass so will be on the next one we arrive for
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robs1 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Yes but I wondered if there will be any knock on affect
On the tunnel operating company.

why would it?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robs1 wrote:

Or more will drive, as part of our package we get flexiplus pass so will be on the next one we arrive for

Cool, free cake!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The real issue is going to be when the PCS members of Border Force go on strike as this will severely impact both Eurostar and Eurotunnel. There is potential for no train service at all as there may be no staff available for immigration or customs checks.

As I understand it they need to give 14 days notice of a strike and it hasn't been given yet. The rumour is that it will start around the 22nd or 23rd December for a few days.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hurdy, indeed, different workforce, same effect
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurdy wrote:
The real issue is going to be when the PCS members of Border Force go on strike as this will severely impact both Eurostar and Eurotunnel. There is potential for no train service at all as there may be no staff available for immigration or customs checks.

As I understand it they need to give 14 days notice of a strike and it hasn't been given yet. The rumour is that it will start around the 22nd or 23rd December for a few days.

Notice now given - Border Farce striking for 8 days over Xmas from 23rd at main UK airports
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a pain this all is. Looks like the border force strike is only at the airports so Eurotunnel and EUrostar not directly affected I guess. Though suspect they both just get busier if that is possible.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yikes. Driving out on the 23rd. Fingers very, very crossed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It probably will affect Eurotunnel and Eurostar as Border Force are likely to move staff to the affected airports to keep them open.
ski holidays
Also driving out on the 23rd. Though starting to think a late night trip out on the 22nd might be better. Last year Covid, this year strikes and blackout risk. Fun times.
snow conditions
I add details on another post.

But, I have called and discussed this with Eurotunnel. They confirmed there should be no effect at all.

I’m fact as already mentioned above with less trains coming from London / Ashford we may see a better flow of Eurotunnel trains!!

I’m on an early morning train leaving on 23rd Dec so was clearly interested in the news.

Fingers crossed all will be well!!!!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 7-12-22 19:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
We are going on the 21st, we cant get into our apartment until the 24th but decided I didnt fancy a long xmas eve trip all through france so booked yeo nights in a hotel in chamonix, looks like that was a good decision, I need to fly back for a meeting on the 9th jan hope that isnt disrupted as I'm going to very unpopular if I cant get back for it
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy