Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis - Head supershape?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

I'm eyeing up some new skis whilst there are offers about. I currently have a pair of volkl mantras but wanted something more piste specific... Shorter turn radius, bit more playful etc.

Ive been looking at some Head supershape e-original but after reaching some reviews I'm concerned I maybe a little on the heavy side for the ski @ 95kg? Does anyone have any experience?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought a pair of e-speed skis only yesterday to replace my i-speeds from a few years ago. I did lots of testing of different makes and models to finally go for the i-speeds. They were very stable at speed and quick from edge-to-edge and they had a turn radius which was in the middle of SL and GS which made them quite versatile. I hope the e-speeds are very similar! I did read one bad review of them but figure that they won't have deviated too far from what has been an extremely popular ski.....

I hired a few other skis last season and found: Atomic G9's were rock solid but needed a lot of input, were super heavy and had a turn radius which needed a wide, empty piste. Atomic X5 were still really heavy but were much more user friendly for a good recreational skier (I was actually surprised at how heavy they were and I like a heavy ski!). Volkl Race Tiger SL were fine but too turny for me. I find SL skis hard work on my legs and too twitchy when I just want to relax a bit. I have found Blizzard skis to be good in the past but I can't remember which ones and the Rossi Hero Masters were also very good.

I'm 6'2"and 90kg and I don't overpower the i-speeds even at 177cm. I'm a good skier (40+years) and would like to think I know what I'm on about! Everyone is different though so it always a good idea to try a range of skis in the same sort of range before deciding....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tomb, how much do you weigh? I had supershape titans some years ago (2012!!) and they were a great ski that got me thru my BASI L1 and L2 I was 75kg at the time but was over skiing them at the end of the L2. I went for a stiffer Volkl codewall after the supershape.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 24-07-23 9:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
@tomb, how much do you weight? I had supershape titans some years ago (2012!!) and they were a great ski that got me thru my BASI L1 and L2.

He weighs 95kg.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, doh! Well spotted, the supershape was pretty soft, so maybe the i-speed would be better & 95kg.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
I bought a pair of e-speed skis only yesterday to replace my i-speeds from a few years ago. I did lots of testing of different makes and models to finally go for the i-speeds. They were very stable at speed and quick from edge-to-edge and they had a turn radius which was in the middle of SL and GS which made them quite versatile. I hope the e-speeds are very similar! I did read one bad review of them but figure that they won't have deviated too far from what has been an extremely popular ski.....

I hired a few other skis last season and found: Atomic G9's were rock solid but needed a lot of input, were super heavy and had a turn radius which needed a wide, empty piste. Atomic X5 were still really heavy but were much more user friendly for a good recreational skier (I was actually surprised at how heavy they were and I like a heavy ski!). Volkl Race Tiger SL were fine but too turny for me. I find SL skis hard work on my legs and too twitchy when I just want to relax a bit. I have found Blizzard skis to be good in the past but I can't remember which ones and the Rossi Hero Masters were also very good.

I'm 6'2"and 90kg and I don't overpower the i-speeds even at 177cm. I'm a good skier (40+years) and would like to think I know what I'm on about! Everyone is different though so it always a good idea to try a range of skis in the same sort of range before deciding....

I've got a set of Volkl Mantra m6 @ 177 with an 18m radius. The e-speed at the same length is a 15,3m radius.... I may give the e-speed some thought as I wanted a more lively ski but nothing that's going to be too demanding to ski all day. Was previously thinking the e-original but with a waist of 66mm and a radius of 11.1m they may be a little twitchy as you put it!

Thanks for the input Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@tomb, Volkl Kendo 92's at 177 cms. Remarkably brilliant piste performance, 2 titanal layers, 3D sidecut, tip rocker/camber/low profile, solid grip, good dampening, very versatile and capable piste orientated Volkl performance ski. Suits a big lad at the front! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimastaaah, the OP wanted piste specific surely you wouldn't recommend a ski at 92 underfoot????
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, yup, very precise ski, surprisingly so. There is a 88 model Kendo that gets excellent reviews and should ski tighter. I got the Kendo 92 last year and it is the widest ski I ever had. Exceptional performance, obviously not your standard "slalom" sidecut but for a heavyweight skier who can bend the metal, then the Kendo could be a good under the radar choice. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy