Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble airport- timing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so long story short my wife and i have added another trip to our usuals this year because frankly it was too good a deal to ignore. BUT it will be our first time flying into Grenoble.

I’m using bens bus for our transfers but I’m unsure on timing and deciding which bus to book onto. I’m had great experience at Innsbruck and Salzburg (landed through passport and bags collected in 45 mins) but I’ve also had terrible experiences at Geneva (3 hours for ski bags)

So the question, how is Grenoble as an airport? We are in the easyJet Edinburgh flight on a Saturday in January. Do I need to allow 2+ hours in the airport?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I usually find Ben's bus gives the timings based on arrival times. My experiences of Grenoble are slow, though car hire was the worst bit and security, check in the other way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@enduroaid,

Grenoble can be great :-

For arrivals when no other planes are arriving except yours and you walk off the plane, across the tarmac, through passport control, without any luggage straight to the outdoors and your waiting car / bus.

For departures when no other planes are departing you arrive, jump out of your car / bus, straight into departures, straight through security / passport control, see your plane arrive outside the window, short walk across the tarmac and off.

Grenoble can be horrendous :-

For arrivals when all the delayed planes and your plane all arrive at the same time, you descend the steps off the plane and join a massive queue, in the open in a blizzard for passport control. You eventually clear passport control, eventually get your bags through the rugby scrum and get outside to discover your onward transport plans are shot to pieces.

For departures you hear that all flights from the UK are delayed because of some reason or other. You arrive at Grenoble to see a huge mass of what can loosely be described as humanity completely filling the airport building. You can imagine the rest of the process involving security etc.

Having said all that I have had many successful trips through Grenoble using car or public transport. Have never used Bens Bus but they have done Grenoble transfers for years so should know how to cope with it. (It's where he started I think). It just suffers from the fact that it is only a part time airport that they attempt to use to full / over capacity in the ski season and sometimes the staff, who appear to be mostly students working the weekend struggle to cope when it all goes belly up, which is understandable to be fair.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So bens bus offer timing based upon when you arrive but given the first bus offered is 75mins after we land I don’t know it that’s realistic or wishful thinking
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skitow wrote:
@enduroaid,

For arrivals when all the delayed planes and your plane all arrive at the same time, you descend the steps off the plane and join a massive queue, in the open in a blizzard for passport control. You eventually clear passport control, eventually get your bags through the rugby scrum and get outside to discover your onward transport plans are shot to pieces.

This.
Every time I have used Grenoble. The issue is, if more than one plane lands within a few minutes of each other (which I believe most arrivals are scheduled for the morning from the UK), then you'll be stuck queuing outside in the cold/wet with hundreds of others waiting to go through passport control staffed normally by only 1 (perhaps 2 if you're lucky) people. Whilst queuing you'll have the pleasure of watching your checked bags sitting on the trolley getting soaked waiting to be loaded onto the one running belt they have.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great airport Sunday to Friday. Disaster on Saturday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy