Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Dryer Recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Having relied on hire boots for far too many years, I've invested in my first pair of boots and am aware of the advice not to put the boots on a boot warmer in the boot room. I have understand one way to dry the boot out at the end of the day is to take the liner and footbed out and just leave them near a radiator in the apartment overnight, but understand a boot warmer is another option. I was wondering if there are any specific models of boot warmer that any of you would recommend. Many thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is what I have as it doesn’t damage a custom footbed.

https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/com-virtuemart/com-virtuemart-menu-categories/the-piste-office-store/lenz-boot-glove-warmers/lenz-boot-glove-warmer-240v-detail
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use a heated boot bag, highly recommended!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, looks good. OK with moulded boots as well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thermic boot dryers are amazing. Can highly recommend
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the cheap ones from decathlon that work fine, but link above look much better for a little more.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm currently using the same as @Old Fartbag recommends and they do the job for boots and can be used for gloves as well. I tried the Thermic ones that look like a double-ended hairdryer but they're noisy and if you've got whiffy boots, they make a good job of filling the room with it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
These have been popping up on my ad feed on instagram a bit. No idea if they’re any good but definitely can’t affect thermo moulded boots https://www.drysure.co.uk/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cat litter in old tights .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Agent Orange I also have been seeing those but was not sure about them which prompted the post. Thank you for the various suggestions - always good to have a recommendation. Cheers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use the Thermic one. It lasts almost exactly 1.5 seasons. At which point I immediately buy another one. Most important piece of kit I own!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve have an excellent Hotronic one for years, which I originally bought because it was 110/240V switchable for use in the US/Canada, but like many excellent products they stopped making them.

Their replacement product is a different design, but is still 110/240V, but now also 12V so you can warm your boots in the car.

https://www.bootdoc-hotronic.com/en/products/heating-systems/drying-systems/micro-dry-boot-dryer-glove-dryer-21823x38.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sussexbha wrote:
Having relied on hire boots for far too many years, I've invested in my first pair of boots and am aware of the advice not to put the boots on a boot warmer in the boot room. I have understand one way to dry the boot out at the end of the day is to take the liner and footbed out and just leave them near a radiator in the apartment overnight, but understand a boot warmer is another option. I was wondering if there are any specific models of boot warmer that any of you would recommend. Many thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a portable system or permanent solution if you have your own apartment? I can recommend Quadralp of the latter as they are low energy / temp and does not damage foorbeads: https://www.laboutiqueduski.com/en/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Agent Orange, unless staying in apartment, leaving them in the oven would be tricky. But heating up on the top of central heating radiators should be feasible. Might need to alternate two sets though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old fashioned tip - how I used to dry my rugby boots and has worked for me: stuff them with newspaper overnight and leave them near a radiator or vent heater - only thing you need is a copy of the Mail On Sunday
ski holidays
Lenz Space Dryer

Very handy as can do gloves as well. I've always stripped out the liners and dried my own boots nightly. A hangover from being a sweaty b*stard and past stays at very cheap places with no proper boot drying facilities. Out of curiosity, what's wrong with using hotel boot dryers?
snow conditions
is this really a problem? I've particularly sweaty feet, liner out of boot and near the radiator/heater. Spring time liner out of boot and leave in balcony for a bit the near heater.
ski holidays
What’s wrong with boot room dryers ? They are never going to get hot enough to affect your thermo-fit liners/footbeds, surely? I normally experience the opposite problem - in which case it’s boots back to the room, liners out for the night. I used to do balled-up newspaper, but that doesn’t get to any water trapped between shell and liner typically, so found pull the liners is quick and much more effective.

I *have* managed to curl up my footbeds by accidentally leaving them out on top of a hot radiator - the flat part under the forefoot is susceptible to that, but has no impact on the arch support area whatsoever, as far as I could see. I did this at home, so it was easily resolved with a quick iron, with no lasting effect. But if your footbeds are still in your boot on the dryer rack, that also can’t happen - the footbed can’t distort as it’s held in place by the liner/boot, and has nowhere to go.
snow report
@Agent Orange, I have something very similar to those drysure. Have used them for years...pop in the boots when you take them off, pop on the radiator in the morning and repeat! I have extraordinarily soggy feet at the end of any kind of exercise but they still work really well.
latest report
Cheapest solution is to take the liners out. Shells on boot dryer (so warm the next morning), liners in bedroom.
snow conditions
Maybe I've been lucky but boot room dryers have never caused my footbeds in boots to go out of shape
ski holidays
there is a difference between a dryer that blows out warm but not hot air (30c maybe) and one that say is a water pipe that takes the central heating water around at 70c+...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy