Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am see - any shows/displays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’ve booked for Zell am see in March. I always enjoy ski resort shows, be they torchlight processions, ski instructors showing their skills or fireworks. However I can’t see anything for Zell am see. Do they have any regular events does anyone know? It’s not a dealbreaker, obviously, but I was just wondering. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A Google search of evening shows in ZAS, brings up somewhere called The Gentlemen's Club.

It looks quite entertaining - despite no sign of any torchlit processions... wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a display when we were there a few years ago, and then a free bottle of bubbly for those who were keen at the end.

http://youtube.com/v/ugNvru5GITE
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, hmm maybe not wink .

@JimboS, that looks great fun - bit too much like hard work for me after a day’s skiing!!

My googling hasn’t come up with anything so I assume there’s nothing on, which is a shame.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bambionskiis, we usually go to Zell in March, but usually the shows / night skiing have stopped a week or two previously. One year we did manage to see them doing a slalom on snow they had laid through the town centre, but I think that was probably the earliest we've been there (end Feb/ start March)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tubaski, ah ok thanks Sad . That’s weird because resort is open for another month (we’re off beginning of March). Is snow for skiing ok then usually? What’s it like then? Cheers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bambionskiis, it's fine, often great, just ski top half of mountain if you don't like slush later in the day & downlift at the end. There's another thread here https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5014914&highlight=zell#5014914 where Zell snow conditions are discussed.
We're going 18th march this year.

I suspect the shows end then because the pitch they do them on is right at the bottom of the mountain so that bit does get slushy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tubaski, great thread link many thanks. The owner of the hotel apparently is a former ski instructor and does a weekly mountain tour for guests, so I’m guessing they’ll be a useful source of local info.

We’re off on 4 March. Hope you have a great time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zell am See have an ice hockey team, if you're lucky they will be playing a match at home when you are there - you could buy tickets on the night at the door in the pre-covid days - not sure what the latest arrangements are. Schedule will be posted much closer to the time as the season progresses. Details here: https://alps.hockey/en/home-en/statistics/team?teamId=3324
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@extremerob, Excellent stuff, we love ice hockey. Thanks for the link.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bambionskiis wrote:
We’ve booked for Zell am see in March. I always enjoy ski resort shows, be they torchlight processions, ski instructors showing their skills or fireworks. However I can’t see anything for Zell am see. Do they have any regular events does anyone know? It’s not a dealbreaker, obviously, but I was just wondering. Cheers

@bambionskiis

Try the local tourist office, IME most tourist offices can supply a list of events over the season, I have just received an events list for Saalbach Hinterglem from their office
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nahdendee, good idea, will do thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy