Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Info about Belambra Neige et Ciel, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Has anyone stayed there recently. Booked in for week beginning 14th Jan and wondering whether there is a ski room with boot warmers in the hotel. Only reason I’m asking is because on my last ski holiday in Chamonix back in March I was really struggling to get my ski boots on towards the end of the week and almost gave up trying on the last day. The hotel we were staying at didn’t have boot warmers so took the boots back to our room at the end of each day.

Was talking to someone on a ski lift and they asked whether we had boot warmers and suggested that a lack of them might have been causing the issue. Sounded feasible to me, anyway Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have stayed here and there are ski lockers but they do not have any heating facility. I took my thermic boot warmers and did it in my room
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got the impression from the local Belambra in Les Saisies that they are good value but fairly low-budget accommodation. Having your own boot heaters sounds a good idea!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed mid April this year, and can confirm no boot heaters, just very cold lockers. We did the same as Tootie.
The place was good value (we paid about 700 euro for a week for 2). The rooms weren't very nice but the food was surprisingly good for the price. I'd suggest getting to the buffet early before the food is all touched and sneezed on by kids. It gets very busy. There were a lot of snotty kids running around the buffet on their own and we caught covid there.
Also get a low down room and use the stairs as the lift was busy.
For the price i'd do it again Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Smartin, get a heated boot bag for Christmas and just turn it on before you go down for breakfast. It will solve all your problems.
https://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/product/brands/bootdoc/bootdoc-heated-ski-products/hotronic-bd-heated-racing-ski-boot-bag/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
I got the impression from the local Belambra in Les Saisies that they are good value but fairly low-budget accommodation. Having your own boot heaters sounds a good idea!

We’ve stayed at the one in Avoriaz a few years back, so know they’re not luxury Eh oh! . I’m sure that had boot warmers but maybe it didn’t! I think that place used to be a Club Med so maybe it was better equipped!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Canuck wrote:
We stayed mid April this year, and can confirm no boot heaters, just very cold lockers. We did the same as Tootie.
The place was good value (we paid about 700 euro for a week for 2). The rooms weren't very nice but the food was surprisingly good for the price. I'd suggest getting to the buffet early before the food is all touched and sneezed on by kids. It gets very busy. There were a lot of snotty kids running around the buffet on their own and we caught covid there.

Thanks for the information, very useful.

We stayed at a Belambra in Avoriaz a few years back, so have experienced the buffet fight! It wasn’t too bad, to be honest and was quiet most of the time but did get busy later in the week.

We’re hoping for it to be relatively quiet with it being mid Jan but I’ve noticed that the place seems to be fully booked for our week, so who knows! Hopefully, fewer snotty kids around, though
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TOOTIE wrote:
I have stayed here and there are ski lockers but they do not have any heating facility. I took my thermic boot warmers and did it in my room

Thanks for the info. Have you got a link to the boot warmers you have? I Googled them and saw both boot driers and warmers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Google therm-ic boot dryer and loads will come up. I have the red therm-ic one which is brilliant.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Smartin, boot dryers are fantastic inventions. I, too, have thermic ones and have had them for years (so model not on sale now). Couldn't recommend them enough!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies.

I think I’ve found what the issue is. Probably should have mentioned before that it was only the left boot that I was having trouble with. Having got the boots down from the loft, I can see that the top most layer of fabric on the insole/footbed or whatever they are called has gone missing from the left boot Eh oh! . Therefore, I’m thinking that this top layer had less friction than what is beneath it.

I could still get the left boot on when not wearing any socks but even putting just a normal sock on meant I couldn’t get the boot on again. Not sure if heat would make a difference to my situation.

Probably should start another thread now as I have the answer to my original question about the boot room in the hotel Eh oh!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New footbed. Or slidier socks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
New footbed. Or slidier socks.

Or the sledgehammer approach and new boots Eh oh! Mine are a bit long in the tooth now, probably around 2008/9/10 vintage Eh oh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TOOTIE wrote:

Quote:

Did either of you hire skis? Looking for recommendations for nearby hire shops
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy