Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good and bad hotels in Mayrhofen?

Poster: A snowHead
We're planning a trip in March to Mayrhofen, having had a great time there earlier this year. The place we stayed seems to be about £300 more expensive next year, though, which is not ideal, so we're looking around for other options. Any recommendations for places to go or places to avoid? Things like good food, sauna, are bonuses.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've been this March to Neue Post for a week. Not cheap. Very good breakfast and half board Austrian dinner including salads buffet. The roof pool was a treat. Outside free parking. Bus station just outside but it was very easy to reach the fun places by foot after skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you really want a bad hotel?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@drporat, yes, we had drinks at Neue Post and it looked very nice. Doesn't come up on packages, though, and that would be preferable, although getting to Mayrhofen via public transport looks easy enough so booking direct might be an option.

@welshskier, ha! No, not by choice, looking for warnings, though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in the Strass a couple of times, it was ideal. Perfect location right next to the Penken lift, nice hotel and facilities.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@J2R, what level of hotel are you looking for?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Strass
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@J2R, have you tried contacting the hotel directly and mentioning that you stayed there previously? You can get discounts like this most times if booking early enough
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've honestly never stayed in a "bad" hotel in Austria, even in the most basic pension I've found to be spotlessly clean and always a warm welcome. I think you're better off searching by your requirements and see what crops up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied Mayrhofen many times. Best place to stay is definitely close to the Neue Post, Berghof, Krystal area if you want to make use of the buses and train.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Elizabeth is THE best hotel in Mayrhofen. Stayed here twice half board and it’s absolutely amazing! The spa is amazing, rooms are brilliant and the food is out of this world!

https://www.elisabethhotel.com/en/home/

No need to do a package to Mayrhofen. Fly into Innsbruck. Get the local bus to the main station. Get a train to Jenbach then get the local Zitteral train up the valley to Mayrhofen. Takes around 1 hour 45 mins and costs ~ 20 euro each way. The views are amazing (grab a bottle of fizz from the supermarket in the basement of the station and enjoy on the train as it snakes up the mountain)!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Kristal Alpenhof was perfectly pleasant (12 years ago) - 10 min walk to Penkenbahn and 3 min walk to the Bahnhof. Food was good. Very nice wellness suite. Efficiently friendly staff.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hopwoodc wrote:
The Elizabeth is THE best hotel in Mayrhofen. Stayed here twice half board and it’s absolutely amazing! The spa is amazing, rooms are brilliant and the food is out of this world!

https://www.elisabethhotel.com/en/home/

No need to do a package to Mayrhofen. Fly into Innsbruck. Get the local bus to the main station. Get a train to Jenbach then get the local Zitteral train up the valley to Mayrhofen. Takes around 1 hour 45 mins and costs ~ 20 euro each way. The views are amazing (grab a bottle of fizz from the supermarket in the basement of the station and enjoy on the train as it snakes up the mountain)!

That does sound like a fantastic transfer!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Strass, has a great location but half board food was pretty poor, spa good.

Manis, food was very good, rooms ok, pool on roof great.

Elisabeth, location a bit further away but on bus route, rooms, food, pool, spa, customer service were all great.

Neue Post, good room, facilities and spa.

Berghoff, further out still, food was buffet, which I don't like.

Kristall & Obermeir, further out still, basic food and facilities.

Stayed in a few more, will add a few more later.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really helpful responses here - thanks!
snow conditions
Stayed in the Manni this year past. Rooms are very dated and in need of a make over. Restaurant / italian was very good. Breakfast was good but basic.

Stayed in the Strass about five years ago and it was nice, food just ok but we had some side room with average food. I have friends stayed last Christmas and said it was very good. We have booked the strass this year. Spa area is fantastic.

Landhaus Roscher is basic but isn't bad at all. Very basic breakfast, boiled eggs, meats and cheeses. You have access to the Strass spa when staying here. Clean and presentable. We got it for circa £350pw one year.
snow report
When we stayed in the Roscher, it was run by a guy stuck in the 70s who was a total nut case, unless on a strict budget I would avoid.
latest report
For those who have got to the resort using public transport, how easy is the journey when carrying skis and luggage? Obviously the train is fine, just wondering about the bus. Being Austria I'm assuming it's catered for, but just wanted to check.
latest report
We've previously stayed in Perauer and Brucke, up towards Ahorne on a half board basis and both fairly decent hotels, quality, location not too much of a schlep to Penkenbahn and VFM (I know it's a matter of opinion).

We booked HB and both Breakfast and Dinner were great couldn't really find fault with either, so back to the Brucke at NY which this year will hopefully be curfew free.
snow report
Stopped in Kramerwirt in Jan 2020 on only visit to Mayrhofen, nice hotel and food, easy walk to train station, to the main Penken lift and the bars/restaurants. Not bang in the centre, close but not too close.
ski holidays
Perauer is nice but we now usually stay in the Laendenhof. Nice owner and staff and restaurant is very good. Reasonably priced too.

The Tirolerhof is also nice with swim in/out pool and good food. Owned I think by Perauer family.
latest report
One thing I'm picking up is that the standard seems to be generally pretty high.
snow report
J2R re you transport query the local buses are fine for ski gear.

I've used the train from Innsbruck and Munich, essentially the same line from different directions. The service is great, but the first part to a change at Jenbach can be busy, as it's typically an intercontinental route, the last one I got was a section of the Bologna to Munich service, but the none skiing passengers are pretty used to hutching up for baggage.

The Jenbach to Mayrhofen leg, an easy changeover, is as someone said earlier a 'cute' rattler that is also part of your Zillertal Pass, so definitely fine for all your paraphernalia
latest report
@Uncle Rico, I've been on the Jenbach-Mayrhofen train, as we did a couple of days in Hochfugen earlier in the year and it is indeed cute. The bus is the only bit of the journey which concerns me - where do the skis go?
snow report
@J2R, Sorry I've only used the local bus for travelling between resorts, say back from Tux or Finkenberg when the day's been 'over done' so it's propped up on the seat in front rather than a backbox As you were asking about luggage a coach from the airport for transfers will presumably be stowed below in the hold.
snow report
It's just the airport to railway station bus I was meaning.
ski holidays
@J2R, Ha ha sorry, I hire so only had luggage luggage.

From memory, it was a carry on rather than stow away as a private coach which didn't seem to be problematic for others, a quarter of an hour journey which begins at Stand F right outside the Airport door to the Bus Station which is next to the Train Station
snow conditions
We are poor so we stay at the posthotel, it's banging value for money
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hopwoodc wrote:

Think you've had one fizz too many. The train does definitely NOT snake up any mountains. (Plus its a good bit more than 20 euro each way)
ski holidays
55 euro return innsbruck to mayrhofen last march. If it's an incredibly slow snake that goes in pretty straight lines that's fair
snow report
@Whitegoldsbrother, hilarious, “a good bit more than 20 euro each way” you trolley
snow conditions
ribblevalleyblue wrote:
@Whitegoldsbrother, hilarious, “a good bit more than 20 euro each way” you trolley

55÷2=??

Obviously not a product CRGS
ski holidays
Ah no you're right that was 3 tickets each way
snow report
@ollski2.0, agreed. Nice location too. Noisy church bells though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy