Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Show - worth a visit?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I’ve not been before but I was thinking of visiting the Snow Show this weekend at the NEC with the kids.

In part because I’m on the lookout for some new skis this season and wondered if it would be a good chance to talk to some of the brands directly. Looking at the floor plan though, it doesn’t look like there are many ski brands there.

Any thoughts on the show in general and if you think it’s worth a visit?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gets you in the mood for winter! there will be offers on left over kit from last year and a lot of it is carry-over so same ski different graphic for this year so you might pick up a bargain either from the retailers or direct from the manufacturers who are there.
you can still get free tickets i think (got some last week) with "snowshow" as discount code so its only parking you'll be paying for.
it was mad busy p.m. on the saturday last week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BenAd wrote:
Hi folks,

I’ve not been before but I was thinking of visiting the Snow Show this weekend at the NEC with the kids.

Well as others have said there are I think still free tickets available, see this thread which mentions the code SNOWSHOW as still working this morning (also people offering free tickets which they can't use and are giving away): https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158762&highlight=

BenAd wrote:

In part because I’m on the lookout for some new skis this season and wondered if it would be a good chance to talk to some of the brands directly. Looking at the floor plan though, it doesn’t look like there are many ski brands there.

It's a pity you didn't go to the Oktobertests https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=160625 and https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=160627 held just a few days ago , you could have tried several different skis on snow, but too late now. Sad

BenAd wrote:

Any thoughts on the show in general and if you think it’s worth a visit?

Well it gets you in the mood for winter and apart from the ski equipment retailers there will be travel companies with stands and there are some talks which you may find of interest. There'll probably be a few other sHs there (I'll be going on Saturday).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m heading down myself on Saturday after enjoying it last year, it’s looking double the size of last year too. Ski Exchange seem to be the main retailer so they may have a good selection of skis to look at @BenAd.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
me and my daughters are going again this year, after going last year as well, gets you in the mood for the upcoming season, with freebies and the chances of the odd tombola win Smile

no ellis brigham for ski equipment this year though!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BenAd, you'll get a bit of a view from the thread/reviews from last year: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155513&highlight=nec&start=120

I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to going back. There were more sales for kit than I expected last year from just looking at the exhibitor list, and there were some very good deals that I was very tempted by (but I already have plenty of skis NehNeh).

As per @RichardB, I expect Ski Exchange to have quite a bit on offer across multiple brands.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool, thanks folks. I’ll come along for a browse I think!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On my way there but stuck in traffic at the mo on M42 - is it worth exiting before junction 6?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
M42 closed between junctions 5 and 6 so have to exit j5…
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If anyone is there today, could you let me know if the Capita Stand has got boards for sale ? I'm looking for 2023 black snowboard of death, but nowhere in the UK seems to be stocking any, not online at least.

I'd also be interested if any stands there have the new Nidecker Supermatic bindings ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gazzza wrote:
If anyone is there today, could you let me know if the Capita Stand has got boards for sale ? I'm looking for 2023 black snowboard of death, but nowhere in the UK seems to be stocking any, not online at least.

I'd also be interested if any stands there have the new Nidecker Supermatic bindings ?

They have a BSOD 159. they’re not officially selling boards on the stand - but they did just sell a different one….
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks. I've got to find a longer one. Probably 165w.

Cheers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gazzza wrote:
Thanks. I've got to find a longer one. Probably 165w.

Cheers.

Distributor told me the stock had just landed in UK - so hopefully you’ll be able to get what you need from a retailer soon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice one thanks, will keep an eye out. Have a good day up there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just want some cheap atomic prime 100 / 110s, worth me nipping up tomorrow for them or no old stock sell offs really going on?
snow report
Also thinking of heading up tomorrow. Anyone see any good deals on snowboard boots and bindings?
ski holidays
Boarderfarce wrote:
Also thinking of heading up tomorrow. Anyone see any good deals on snowboard boots and bindings?

Wasn’t specifically looking for snowboard gear but didn’t notice any obvious deals. TSA had something like 15% off on a board boots binding package - nothing special.
ski holidays
@kerb, OK thanks. I'll probably give the 2 1/2 hour drive a miss. How was the rest of the show?
latest report
Quote:
How was the rest of the show?
See the separate Free Tickets thread for a few reports Boarderfarce. Most people seemed to enjoy the show.
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
How was the rest of the show?
See the separate Free Tickets thread for a few reports Boarderfarce. Most people seemed to enjoy the show.

Yep, pretty good I thought. Grabbed a min or so with Dan Egan on his stand, Enjoyed CEM's bit, Good look as the Hardware, excellent RAF stand I thought, bought a couple of bits and some Christmas presents, good to see Albania, Norway etc making an appearnce. Shame that these shows are still plagued by people selling obscure booze. Wasn't really bothered about the traffic, I just chilled on the M42 getting there, listened to some music, then went a different way back.
snow report
Appears Mr WobblyIce has brought back an unexpected gift from our visit on Sunday in the way of covid-style symptoms (although to be fair there's also the chance it might have been a work trip to London last week!) Anyone else? Confused

To be fair he's mainly narked as he's managed to get away without getting it at all so far, despite the rest of the family clocking up at least one (and in elder daughter's case, possibly 3!) case. Still, better now than before skiing in December....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy