Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet and greet - Gatwick - any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recent recommendations for meet and greet parking operators at Gatwick? Off to Tignes on Saturday. Have been fine with various cheap and cheerful operators in the past, but it’s been a good while since I used any.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always use the official one which, IIRC, is on level 2 of the short stay car park. Costs about £80/90 for the week. Always runs very smoothly and you are right opposite departures.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used the official one a few times and like Timmycb5 never had any issues. Saves a good 30-60min (depending on personal being late paranoia level) as it's just park in a space, drop the keys at the desk, walk straight into the terminal with none of the "When's the next car park/terminal bus?", "How much longer is this bus going to wait here?", and "How long is the bus ride going to take?" stress.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Noy sure which price range they fall into but recently used Maple Parking Meet & Greet for out trip to St Lucia - perfectly fine and easy to use, drop the key with the chap waiting and he car was ready to collect on our return
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pejoli, Like @Timmycb5, and @Mjit, I always go with the official one. There's a lot of discount codes around, I think I paid about £100 for Feb half term.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pejoli, I used ACE recently, no complaints, you have fractionally further to walk compared to the official one but I wouldn't not use them because of it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pejoli, as above, I just use the official ones. Put your details and it'll tell you the cheapest one. Personally, the long stay has regularly been the cheapest, and the buses run so regularly that it's really no inconvenience at all. We tried one of the drop off ones - but didn't think it was worth it (it sounded better that it actually was, and took a lot longer).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are plenty of dodgy meet and greet operators at Gatwick who will happily take your money and dump your car in a muddy field with the keys taped to the windscreen or use it as a free taxi for the week.

Personally I wouldn't touch meet and greet parking with a barge pole, even the official ones. And my car isn't worth much.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would only use the official one.

Had a friend use one of the various meet and greets at Gatwick this summer and they had to wait for 4 hours in the middle of the night for their car. They ended up getting driven to a car park in the middle of nowhere, in the early hours, to finally collect their car.

Reviews don't matter to them as they just rebrand when they get a toxic online presence.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not used since covid but have over 25yrs and no reason to try anyone else for off airport parking https://www.aph.com/aph-gatwick-park-and-ride-airport-parking.html your car stays there and they bus you into whichever terminal and pick you up on return (obviously) right in main public set down area. Always accurate for timing, collection etc but obviously you need to work with their recommendations regarding flight time. It's about 15min on their coach to terminal. No walking with luggage from our experience, ordinarily has had aa/rac access if vehicle was to go flat if you're affiliated, fairly active on park site at late/early hours too and doesn't feel isolated as many customers are through there.

On airport, used the official long term couple of times, also without problem, a little more walking from some areas of parking to bus if you've git any complicated luggage Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks - took the advice and booked with the official one. Pricey at £151, but guess that’s what you get when you leave it so late.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We splashed out on a limo' for our return trip from Gatwick to home near Worthing - £85 for a BMW 750iL. There must be a point where hiring a taxi/limo' scores higher than Meet & Greet. Not saying either is better, just interesting to see what the relative costs are.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I live about an hours drive away in SE London, and for the last few years always got a big taxi - but lately prices are over £100 each way for the five of us. Don’t mind paying that for having someone else drive, but my big concern this time round was all the strikes lined up for the 24th - I’ve had a couple of occasions where the taxi hasn’t turned up. Normally not a biggie as you can always grab an Uber, but the combo of no public transport limiting supply and risk that our return on the 24th at 7pm could be very delayed by border control, I thought this was a safer option.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At Heathrow you can amend your booking if the price goes down. I've done this a few times, and got a refund to my card the next day. It looks like Gatwick offers the same https://parking.gatwickairport.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy