Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfit GFT. Any views?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It appears there is a new(ish) Zipfit touring liner called the GFT (looks like it replaced their old tour model which did not seem to be very available or popular?): https://www.zipfit.com/gft-ski-boot-liners/.

GFTs seem to be (very roughly) twice the weight of the stock 'touring' liners or initution tour pros which I now have in my free touring boots (Hawx Ultra XTDs).

I am a very big fan of Zipfit liners having had a pair of Grand Prix / Freeride for 10+ years that have been transferred between different alpine and freeride boots (Lange RX & XT).

I've done a fair few day tours with the GP liners (before I had my XTDs). Clearly, the weight is trade-off like many other aspects of skiing kit but for me the Zipfit hold / lack of foot movement resulted in great ski performance with no blisters or hot spots both for walking up and down was a worthwhile trade-off (for the weight). However, I found the the lack of ROM (obviously because the Zipfit GPs are not designed for boots with a walk-mode) a bit of a 'show-stopper' for bigger touring days / trips.

I usually get bad blisters walking up in stock / initution liners and (I think) this is because I tend to run very hot and therefore get very sweaty feet so maybe the GFT might be a touring solution for me (like the GP have been the pist/freeride solution)?

Questions
Anyone have any experience of using these?
Any thoughts on the amount of ROM movement the GFT allows?
Any Experience of using them in 'non-overlap' very lightweight touring boots like Backlands, F1s, TLT etc?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it is really aimed at the crossover boots , the ultra XTD the laneg X3 and the lines, it has an amount of rearward motion but nothing like that of what you get on a light weight touring boot

it is really for those wanting to ski but have a short skin up, but as with everything of this type each individual will decide if it meets their needs

we will have them in stock in the next two- three weeks
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh bug could be another expensive trip 2 Bicester. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM wrote:
it is really aimed at the crossover boots , the ultra XTD the laneg X3 and the lines, it has an amount of rearward motion but nothing like that of what you get on a light weight touring boot

it is really for those wanting to ski but have a short skin up, but as with everything of this type each individual will decide if it meets their needs

we will have them in stock in the next two- three weeks

Thanks for the info, will call to check your stock in a few weeks and all being well, arrange an appointment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
winterisbetter wrote:

I am a very big fan of Zipfit liners having had a pair of Grand Prix / Freeride for 10+ years
Questions
Any Experience of using them in 'non-overlap' very lightweight touring boots like Backlands, F1s, TLT etc?

Thanks

I bought some GFT liners last last season and use them in Atomic Hawx Ultra XTDs.

Freedom of movement when skinning is a reasonable match for Hawx XTDs. If you love your original Zipfits then I think you will love these, as their downhill performance is every bit as good as the original non touring Zipfits. Uphill is much better than the original Zipfits.

I haven’t tried them in true touring boots (and it is a few years since I last used true touring boots like TLTs).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oceanic wrote:
winterisbetter wrote:

I am a very big fan of Zipfit liners having had a pair of Grand Prix / Freeride for 10+ years
Questions

Thanks

I bought some GFT liners last last season and use them in Atomic Hawx Ultra XTDs.

Freedom of movement when skinning is a reasonable match for Hawx XTDs. If you love your original Zipfits then I think you will love these, as their downhill performance is every bit as good as the original non touring Zipfits. Uphill is much better than the original Zipfits.

I haven’t tried them in true touring boots (and it is a few years since I last used true touring boots like TLTs).

Apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks for the info based on your experience - much appreciated and really useful to know especially given you have XTDs too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got, only skied in them so far and not toured.
Night and day compared to stock liner in DH performance, I'll tell you next month regarding up capability.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy