Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FS: Mammut Snowpulse Rocker 15 airbag backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mammut Snowpulse Rocker 15 avalanche airbag with carbon canister, £250

The backpack is in excellent condition, looks almost new as it’s only been used for a few trips and is now surplus to requirement. It has not been fired but should be in full working order - the carbon canister still is at the correct weight so has not leaked. The backpack is great for lift-served off-piste or bootpacking, but not large enough for the kit you’d probably take touring. It’s a sturdy pack but very slimline so easily worn while on chairlifts. Inside it has sleeves for storing shovel, handle and probe, and a zipped internal pocket for secure storage. There’s a zipped pocket on the waist strap and the bag is equipped for diagonal ski carry. It is compatible with hydration packs, with a route through the shoulder harness for a water tube. Also included is a test fire handle which gives you a sense of how much force is required to trigger the airbag (a cheaper way of ‘test firing’ than using the canister). From memory the backpack, including carbon canister, weighs about 2.6kg and feels very light and snug when worn.

The bag can be collected from The Snow Centre at Hemel Hempstead, or shipped to a UK address. I’m at Hemel on 8 October the day of the snowHeads ski test so it could be collected then, or I’m there fairly frequently at other times.

Some photos of the backpack:

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy