Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newish toll system on new A79 and how to use it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As we have travelled on the RN79 alot in recent years, I thought a few snowheads may also do the same thing, it has been converted to an autoroute and now has a free flow toll system, easy to use with a doofer, a little less easy without. It is going to used on others as well in the future, the A4, A13-A14, A69 and A412.

all here

https://batinfo.com/en/actuality/commissioning-of-the-first-30-km-of-the-79-first-free-flow-toll-motorway-in-france_21581
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Zorrac, interesting, thanks for posting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Zorrac, Interesting. They appear to be utilising the methods used on the Dartford crossing etc in the UK ie record your numberplate as you pass and then you have to visit their web site within 3 days and pay. I found the text a bit hard to follow as it included some words I hadn't seen before such as "soil artificialization". The concept of paying more for more polluting vehicles is IMHO good.

Incidently I have never used that route and probably never will.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnE wrote:
@Zorrac, Interesting. They appear to be utilising the methods used on the Dartford crossing etc in the UK ie record your numberplate as you pass and then you have to visit their web site within 3 days and pay.

I really hate that. As a very occasional visitor to the UK it's incredibly poorly signed and very confusing, particularly given that it's only if you're travelling one direction that you have to pay (have I got that right?). Last time I used it, four years or so ago, the first thing I knew about it was when I got a fine through the post, which the enraged me so much I sat on it for a bit, so it was then doubled up after just a couple of weeks (probably a month, but I only pick up mail sporadically).

I just don't think it's fair to put the onus on the motorist to know how it works - if they use cameras like that why can't they just send you the bill for the actual amount you owe? Maybe add a small processing fee, but not the sixty quid or so for non-payment. Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same if you go to drop or pick up somebody at Heathrow (and I think other) airports. Unless somebody warns you, or you can quickly take in the information on the notice boards as you navigate completely unfamiliar territory, you will be fined.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chaletbeauroc, you have to pay both ways
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a similar short section of Autostrada in Italy near Como. It is pretty much empty and is not easy to find! However it does help to avoid the sometimes huge queues on the southbound toll gates on the main Autostrada coming from Switzerland. Working out how to pay the couple of Euros fee is not easy for a non Italian.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Chaletbeauroc, you have to pay both ways

Correct.
However it is free between the hours of 10pm to 6am. Sometimes when I drive down to Dover from the Midlands for an early morning ferry I manage to use the crossing during the free period Very Happy , always have to pay on the return during the daytime though Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the Dartford crossing I discovered, by accident rolling eyes , that the first time a car registration is recorded as a "non-payer" they let you off with just paying the actual toll. You still get the letter but when you go on to the website it wipes the penalty off. Don't know if this resets with an ownership change though Puzzled
I have just paid for a crossing in July that I forget to pay for at the time. Only received the letter last week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skitow wrote:
For the Dartford crossing I discovered, by accident rolling eyes , that the first time a car registration is recorded as a "non-payer" they let you off with just paying the actual toll. You still get the letter but when you go on to the website it wipes the penalty off. Don't know if this resets with an ownership change though Puzzled
I have just paid for a crossing in July that I forget to pay for at the time. Only received the letter last week.

Lucky you. Sounds like it's been changed since my experience, which was perhaps four years ago. Maybe they're just less tolerant with foreigners, but I'd definitely not driven it with those Swiss plates before.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems to be the sort of thing that's being done globally. PITA but doable with your own car. Bit more of a PITA if its a rental car and you have to remember the time slot when you used it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy