Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid December in Tignes with kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I’m trying to plan a family trip (wife and two kids 6 + 9y/o). Wondered about w/c 17th Dec… whats the snow likelihood in the higher resorts? Not been that early before but it works well with school hols this year. Alternatively it’s w/c 1st April…

Thinking Tignes, only as I know it fairly well. Any thoughts on the Montana Village self catering apartments in le lac?

Main criteria is ideally need something close to ski school for minimal hassle!

Any other considerations or recommendations appreciated (self catering/other resorts) as trying to do more of a DIY trip this yr due to budget!

Cheers

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BenAd,
Tignes/Val D'Isere will probably have some of the best snow in the Alps for that week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes (Val Claret or Le Lac) is where I'd go on that date.....and Evo 2 is the ski school I would use.

As far as I know, Village Montana is of a higher quality than the average (for Tignes), is virtually ski in/ski out and with around a 10 minute walk to ski school. I have never stayed there, so no personal experience.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great thanks, we used evolution 2 last year in Val claret. They were great.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd choose December over April in your circumstances, and Tignes over anywhere else!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Tignes early season is a good shout. I did pre-Xmas week there around 15 years ago and it was excellent. Also did a day there once on 3rd December about ten years ago and the conditions were just phenomenal. Always a risk going early season but I’d be confident enough it will be ok.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When there was a really poor start to the season in 2014 and Les Sept Laux, our intended destination didn't open, we went to Tignes (Val Claret) - Dec 20th to 27th.

We are going 17th Dec this year - been before on and around that date. 2014 was exceptional bad, normally things are OK, and sometimes really good.

Only thing I would say is that if the weather does close in your are buggered as Tignes is such a moonscape and you will be confined to barracks. Somewhere with tree skiing is better for that reason.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks folks, reassuring that December is an option!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We weighed up Dec Vs 1 April last year (for this year). Decided on April as hubby said colder and darker (less daylight hours for skiing) in Dec. We had a blast and got a dump of 50cm mid week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Book last minute, plenty deals about then. Zermatt is great, more reliable than Tignes, train transfer to resort, no hire car needed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The obvious answer is to go in both December and April. Blush
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BenAd,
Montana Village is a large comlex, so if booking make sure your accommodation is the closest to the skiing/lifts/ski school meeting point.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nevis1003, what you basing the more reliable than tignes on?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy