Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What, where or Who is Vallorcine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been asked to ask you fellow Snowheads...."What, where or Who is Vallorcine?"
I'll ask here before I ask mr google
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it something you rub in a sensitive area?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DrLawn, you definitely don’t want getting in intimate spots. Hotter than tiger balm.

Seriously, it’s a hamlet at the top of the Chamonix valley, lift running up to back of La Tour. Not much there otherwise.

Very pretty in summer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also the Col over from Argentiere to Martigny in Switzerland too, a little like the back door of a house or one of those short cuts in a IKEA furniture show room Very Happy

Can be a bit sticky weather wise in ski season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It has a railway station and many years ago used to have an excellent restaurant in the railway station and a crook who nicked my skis. Never been back.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just looked it up myself, and I remember driving through that tunnel from Argentier on the way taking a mate through to Zurich Airport. I recall the narrow guage railway sharing the road out through to a Sunny Switzerland ... didn't know you could ski there.
It way May and we had been lucky to have a huge dollop of snow up on the top.
A crazzy weekend ... we fancied eating pizza so tried to ski Courmayer .. but it was closed.
But Cervinia was open Very Happy
A chance to ski down to that sign that says
[ITALY <- -> SWITZERLAND]
This was the days before we had cameras in our phones back in 1993.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
I've been asked to ask you fellow Snowheads...."What, where or Who is Vallorcine?"
Has this situation arisen under duress; as a bet; or because you are drunk DrLawn Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@countryman, before the lift was built you used to have to use the train to get back to skiing. It was a novelty, but did consume skiing time. I remember the station had a cat that was very keen on improving the permeability of Goretex with its claws in return for you stroking it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway,
Quote:
Is it something you rub in a sensitive area?

Afraid I couldn't resist....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R231U4ZG0YDNHD/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000KKNQBK&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@geoffers, Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quickest route into the Chamonix ski area if coming from Switzerland and avoids crossing Col des Montets. And Le Buet, just down the road is the end point for all the great ski touring off the back of Flegere.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a week there in early feb this year as part of a longer break in st gervais, the main appartment building was really good and great value for money through peak retreats, its right by the lift and railway station, there isnt a huge amount of skiing but some nice runs, the train to chamonix via argentiere is included in the lift pass,
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The lift there has much shorter queues than at Le Tour during busy times, and there is enough parking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks skids, I'll send a link to my son in law whos asked the question.
I think he was searching for somewhere that may be value for money with easy access from Swiss rail system.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DrLawn, that's not Vallorcine then
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy