Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nidecker Blade Plus - anyone tried one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im after a ‘Proper’ carving board to add to my Quiver.

I’ll be boarding in the PdS about 25 x days this winter so should get a good chance to ride some decent groomed pistes.

I’m looking at a Nidecker Blade Plus. Has anyone ridden one.

For info, I’m 5ft 9, around 190 lb, I’d describe my physique as ‘thick set’.

I’m a decent boarder, BASI L2, late 40’s and quite strong physically.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Proper !
You could consider looking at these as a option they come at a cost as are a serious bit of kit
https://www.sgsnowboards.com/snowboards/sg-force/

I hand flexed a shop owners Force model in store a few years back it wasnt stiff longitudinally but torsionally it was firm.
Tapered and setback with a long Effective edge and a far more serious faster carving sidecut radius
At that time none of the well known major brands ever had that type of contrast in the longitudinal and torsional flex pattern .
It was obvious with a hand flex .

To rail on steeper terrain and/or real hardpack you need a torsionally firmer flex but it often comes with a plank stiff longitudinal flex pattern which IS LIMITING and beats up a average rider thats not snowboard fit and physically highly flexible putting in serious ride time training .

It was the shop owners board unfortunately I never saw him riding his 60 Fat but I was considering the 800 euro price tag at that time was the cost of buying a real softboot carving design ..

Whatever you look at or decide on check out your desired stance width on the bolt pack
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Torsion is definitely key in my humble opinion. Kessler and Oxcess also have boards to look at, but I'd say that the Nidecker (which I've not ridden) would be a step in that direction, not as full on as those or Sigi's boards in general. I've no idea on Nidecker sizing, try before you buy if it's not completely clear cut.

I suspect that there's been a significant improvement on torsional flex on standard glass boards in the last few seasons. To me that's massively important, but hard to test without riding and not quantified.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@@247snowman, whats your current setup?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richard_Sideways,

2018 Salomon Ultimate Ride is my current set up.

I’ll plan to still use the Salomon board as my ‘normal’ board. My switch riding has deteriorated as I’m no longer doing seasons (done about 6 x seasons in my late 30’s/early 40’s). Ill take the ‘normal’ board out lots.

I ski a bit too. I ski on what I would call ‘piste’ skis (170cm Rossi pursuit with a 73mm waist).

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 11-11-22 23:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tirol 164,

Thanks for the post.
Those boards look very interesting.

I can get a BASI discount on then Nidecker which makes it a very attractive.

I guess my original concern is would the Blade ‘Plus’ be too unfriendly as opposed to the ‘Blade’.

Thanks again
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@phil_w,

Cheers. Yeah I was considering a race board purchase a few years ago as I thinking of going for FIS points for BASI Lv3 but backed out of the Lv3 stuff.

Those boards look fantastic but brutal Skullie
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know if you've come across my review of the standard Blade on snowboardingforum.com here: https://www.snowboardingforum.com/threads/nidecker-blade-review.272969/

I'm a bit of a lightweight so I reckon the Plus should suit you perfectly, I have no problem handling the Blade 158 at 5ft 7ins and a not very powerful 11st.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BoardieK,

Thanks. I’d already read your review and loved the video Blush

Also seen some of the Korean video on one of the links too.

Thanks for the prompt to check out your review.

Winter is coming my friend Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So coming back to this thread.....

I bought a Blade Plus 163W December 2022.

I used it a small amount winter 22/23. I was carrying a slight knee injury (I'm not sure I have an ACL and dont have much cartliage left...... I've had previous ACL reconstructions and two x previous miniscus trims/repairs) and to be honest when I first started riding it I was maybe not fit enough and it also scared me as it was just soooo fast and soooo stiff. (and torsionally stiff too).

This winter 2023/24 Ive riden the Blade Plus lots. I've also got myself lots stronger, doing 'pre-hab'. Personal training each week working on Legs, core and all round strength and conditioning. (I hit 50yr old last Autumn).

I've riden the Blade Plus Well. Yes, Its a challenge riding the bumps well but i've managed to take it out and ride it in all conditions.

I had a brilliant day on it in Cervinia this winter on wide open well groomed Italian 'hero' snow with wide open pistes. I was riding so well i'm sure I got a couple of 2nd looks from the Italian Maestros.

Great Board but my improved strength and conditioning has helped me get my moneys worth out of it this winter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy