Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - good for non skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not non skiers, as such, but for people who maybe only want to ski for an hour or 2.

Looking ahead to 2024, it is looking like we'll have a mixed bag of 10 coming on the trip. 3 of whom are ok skiers, but are also not prepared to ski all day every day (wierdos).

Is there much else going on on L2A apart from the skiing?

I should add that I'm thinking L2A as I would very much like to utilise Easiski is she happens to be available.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SHAP, I believe there's quite a nice swimming pool complex in the centre of LDA (not that I've ever used it). From the Venosc area of LDA there's a gondola that goes down to the actual village of Venosc (where Easiski lives). Venosc village is quite pretty with some nice artisan shops and eating places.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[/quote][quote]@SHAP, what AP said. Many years since I have used the swimming pool at LDA, but when I did it was fine.

Although I have not done it, snow shoe hikes might appeal. See
https://www.les2alpes.com/winter/discover/endless-activities/unique-experiences/snowshoe-session/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Commented on the wrong resort, Confused

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 14-02-23 22:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g196707-d929115-Reviews-Le_Cellier-Les_Deux_Alpes_Isere_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html

Food here is excellent. Big group of us, no complaints. Everyone was having food envy of each others plate!
Lamb Shank was amazing.
Got an inkling it may be special when most of the clientele was non tourists & locals!
Sandwich bar next to Diablo lift done a decent baguette roll.

We stayed at chalet combs (white or black - cant remember which), situated next to hotel Ibiza.
Chalet has a pool, cinema room, large TV in living area, hot tub, etc. So can easy spend a day just chilling out in the chalet with a long slow & low cook stew in the oven. Recommended if you are a big group.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SHAP, I love L2A, had some of my happiest days down there. But it's great for it's vast, adventurous, meanwhile not crazyly dangerous off piste (has recently become considerably worse though). And it's stunning views. But not for the nicety of the town itself which is tbh more or less non-existant. If you are not too keen on skiing, it's a rather bleak place. Grenoble is an hour by car, but that's about it. Oh, they got an ice rink. But who doesn't?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I liked the skiing there but it's an ugly resort and was quite rowdy.

Somewhere like zell am see would be good for non skiers. Easy train journey into salzburg and some nice walks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy