Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia lift pass advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Snowheads!

I'm off to Cervinia in the first week of Jan with my 2 sons (18 & 15) and am seeking advice regarding lift passes.
The lift passes don't seem to be very straightforward at all.
We are skiing for 5 days, based in Cervinia.
The local lift pass (Cervinia/Valtourneche) lift pass is 257€, whereas the international pass (Cervinia/Zermatt) is 367€.
My questions are:
1) Is the international pass worth the extra 110€?
2) Is it possible to buy a local lift pass and pay extra for a day in Zermatt? If so, any idea how much?

Thank you in advance for your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Supplement is E50 per day (page 3 here: - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXQHehvBzR39FtN9t_5SFMKihn1bmam4/view

If the wether forecast is for clear and low wind, then I would sy yes its worth it, assuming you will motor around on piste, but there is plenty to do, explore and eat on Cerrvinia/Vlatournanche slopes if u don't.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would get the local pass and pay the supplement if required .
We went for a 3 day trip and the Zermatt link was open 2 days and closed for 1, as it was our first time in Cervinia we didnt bother/need to
The following year 5 day trip closed 4 days open 1 which was our last day and we were heading off at 1.30pm so didnt risk it .
Any sign of the wind getting up they dont open the link
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both
I really appreciate the help.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went last Christmas and skied to Zermatt quite a few times ( maybe 3-4 days out of 7) . The links were open the whole time. Having said that, one day we left it too late and missed the last lift back and got stuck on Zermatt side overnight! So something to be aware of.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bella2015,
Thanks for the reply.
How long does it take to go from Cervinia to Zermatt and back?
My youngest is a less confident skier, so I don't want to have a crazy pressured day...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@loungelizard, l understand, my youngest is also the same - which is why we got stuck, because he was too slow. However if you go to Zermatt in the morning ( and not after lunch like we did) you will have plenty of time to come back. I think the last lift back to Cervinia is about 3:30Pm but do check. Also we discovered on our last day that there is a quicker way to Zermatt , so ask any local guide/instructors as we didn’t spot it on the piste map..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@loungelizard, it’s certainly worth one day of 5. You have a lot of good skiing for 5 days in Cervinia, but doing the cross border thing is a real draw. Assuming you are all ok with blacks, suggest going over in one of two ways. Three chairs from plan Maison is Theodulpass, or bubble and Cablecar from plan Maison off to the right as you look to the border. Then it’s a wide relatively slow motorway down to Trockner steg. A good red to Furgg and an excellent black to Furi. Depending on timings and inclination, I would take gondola up to Riffleberg, ski the relatively easy reds and blues there. Perhaps have a train up to Gornorgrat for the ride and views. You need to be back at Trocknersteg imo by 3pm latest. The run down from the highest lift served skiable point in Europe will then have been done. The red run down though can get a little cut up and mogulled late in the afternoon. With and 18 and 15 year old, I’m sure they will be champing at the bit!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@loungelizard, I agree, that is a lot of extra money when you are paying for 4, but you must do the Zermatt side one day at least, if it's a clear sunny day and the links are open. The views of the Matterhorn from that side are special and there is a lot more skiing to enjoy.

As @twoodwar says, the 3 chairs from Plan Maison up to Theodulpass is a great way to go. You can avoid the black after Furgg, by riding the lift to Schwarzsee, then down to Furi or by going out wide left on the red under the shadow of the looming Matterhorn peak past Stafel, but this flattens out into a road with some poling after you turn toward Furi. Good call on going up to Riffelberg & Gornergrat. I did this with my competent 13yo in 2019 when we last visited. Plenty of time for lunch up there, get the train up and play around on some runs with enough time to get back to the plush new 3S lift up to 3800m+ Klein Matterhorn and the long, long run back over the border to Cervinia.

If you start early and are quick skiers and you get to Gornergrat by coffee time, you might have time to go further onto the Rothorn/Sunnegga sector and go for lunch at one of the lovely places at Findeln like Chez Vrony, but you would need to keep an eye on time as it is a long way back from there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy