Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery to La Clusaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, this is my first post and I need some help please! I've booked a week skiing in la Clusaz in March. We fly from Birmingham to Chambery and i've just come to book transfers (I should have checked, I realise my mistake!) and a transfer from Chambery to La Clusaz is coming out between 600-800 euros return. Does anyone know of a more cost effective way of getting from the airport to the resort? I don't mind a shared transfer, I am however worried about using public transport as there will be multiple steps and if anything gets delayed or cancelled we could miss or flights. Any help or advice would be really appreciated! Thanks a million
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jessica.p, welcome to SnowHeads. Would you hire a car? Depending on how many of you there are, it might be the most cost-effective option.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We drive and I advocate car hire in this instance. Plus you can use a car for a cheap supermarket shop (way before getting to the resort) - that'll end up saving you money.

Other option would be the train?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jessica.p, welcome to snowHead

A little awkward that trip, although not great distance it's oddly connected to logical public transportation. Direct/cab/commisioned transfer is mostly coming toward that you've been quoted so far, that doesn't look too unusual in current information from others on here.

Looks like bus served from Annecy as central point of transit, making Chambery to Annecy (train) possibly the most convenient, then bus to La Clusaz .

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Annecy/La-Clusaz for further details. Annecy having the most options local to La Clusaz for your travel and likely most frequent.

As noted, is a car hire an option for you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The first sector too from https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Annecy/La-Clusaz as it seems more logical to split it at Annecy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have done Annecy-Chambery by train in the summer and it's pretty easy (I think we took regional TER). From Annecy you should be able to find buses/taxis/etc to La Clusaz fairly easily. But don't think there are direct trains from the Chambery airport -- so you'd have another short bus ride to Aix or whatever TER station is closest. So that means flight/bus/train/bus...for what is a relatively short distance as the crow flies.

That said...if you can, I would hire a car if you are comfortable potentially driving in bad weather.

Would probably save a lot of time and worry about missed flights, although the train is unlikely to face huge delays, given that they seem to run hourly.

Also, in the future, Geneva is significantly closer to La Clusaz. Assume Chambery flight much cheaper?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for your helpful responses. This is our first ski trip to France and trying to organise these transfers has been a real palaver lol! The flights were actually more expensive but we had read that the closest airport was Chambery. Looking into it now, that clearly isn't the case. So I had a quote for a transfer with a return cost of 340 euro. Car hire would have been 240 and out hotel charges 15 euro per night for the car park. All things considered this transfer seemed the most sensible choice. Hopefully the skiing is good (on nice easy blues) and it will be the first of many trips, flying into Geneva in future! Again thank you all for being so helpful and happy new year Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chambery is the closest - just not the easiest journey. Geneva to La Clusaz is very straightforward.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jessica.p, wot @pam w said. But €340 for 4 return is not at all terrible ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No, that's a decent price.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1 hire a car
2 cancel flight & rebook geneva

340 euro is a decent price to be fair. Hope they are at the airport waiting for you!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Transfer from Geneva probably not much cheaper.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy