Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in the PDS right now? Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out on Monday (later than usual) after a blank last summer. Managed a trip in October to check our flat, and then skiing at Feb half-term.

Feux du lac was cancelled I see, and I know the region is under drought advisement.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions on BBQs at the Ardent end of Lac du montriond?

Also is the road up to lindarets closed during the day? Saw something to that effect on the montriond Mairie website.

Finally, any other bits of news or tips for stuff happening in the next couple of weeks appreciated.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I came home yesterday. Lac is very low and id be surprised if swimming continues as its not had much fresh water into it.

No idea about BBQ. The Lindarets road was one way (down) to stop the chaos - cable car is open instead from Ardent.

Lunch at La Grange was superb. Kamado kitchen also excellent. Bikes allowed back Nyon which is annoying

Follow Morzine Source - always has the best tips and news & events for the area
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Big lake, big body of water. I'd be surprised if they closed it. Not heard of it ever being discussed before.

Has the stream at the ardent end dried up?

Otherwise will be down on lac leman a fair bit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its happened in the last 5yrs - the level gets low and the bacteria gets high. Its a muddy walk to the water already. The little kids pool bit is fine.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a complete ban on any outdoor fires anywhere here in the adjacent Valaisian Alps, which are only about 20 Kms away as the crow flies. Whether there's an official ban or not, everything is so dry that it just looks like a terrible idea to light up a BBQ anywhere in the mountains at the moment.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 8-08-22 19:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LaForet, Yes, same here, and despite the rain and cooler weather of the last couple of days I don't see it lifting any time soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy