Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2023 Europe with young kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, Ive had read but feeling a bit out of my depth and hoping for some advice. We are planning a multi family Ski Trip for first week of April (Easter) 2023. Most of the adults advanced skiers, a couple of us beginner to intermediate. We will have four young children with us (2, 3, 4 and 5 years old). Anywhere in Europe, but reasonable transfer from an airport. Priorities are snow sure, decent skiing for the advanced skiers and suitable for the kids (skiing for them, pkus generally child friendly - other activities etc?). Fairly flexible on budget but certainly not 5 star levels. Would be nice to be in / near a pretty town or village , but not at the expense of other criteria. Val Thorens, Obergurgl, Les Arcs, Zermatt and Cervinia have all come up. Val Thorens a bit 'souless?', Zerematt may be out of price range? Open to suggestions and very grateful for any advice and input. Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What are the plans for the children? At that age if resort carefully picked 3 & 4 yr olds will probably be able to do half day skiing... though in reality that is 2.5hrs maybe. Who is collecting? They can't go far or do too much as have to be back to ski school meet.

If looking at family sharing this.... please ensure everybody is actually on board with giving up some skiing time..... when we went with my daughter when she was 2 with my parents in their heads it was me and hubby taking turns with looking after her and we didn't get a day together ourselves.

After that we discovered Esprit and used them until girls were older. They have kids in nursery all day or skiing, supervised lunch and kids clubs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs 2000 or Val Thorens. You can also check SH April bashes in ValTho
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EmMully, we took our son when he was 4 or 5 to Zermatt in April years ago. The town is very inconvenient to get around with packed electric minibusses the main transport around the town beeing crammed in them when you are very small is not a plasant experience. I would remove it from your list. Though not a pretty town itsself it does have one of the most iconic views in the Alps.

In its place I would add Tignes to the list

I suppose that by "child friendly" you want a car free resort where the children can just wander around as they want. Have you thought about using a tour operator that includes a nursery in its provision?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saalbach or Wagrain/Flachau might fit, and both are pretty child friendly. First week of April, I would choose Saalbach.

Serfaus has longer transfer from a big airport, but are VERY snowsure, and designed for families with kids.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
What are the plans for the children? At that age if resort carefully picked 3 & 4 yr olds will probably be able to do half day skiing... though in reality that is 2.5hrs maybe. Who is collecting? They can't go far or do too much as have to be back to ski school meet.

If looking at family sharing this.... please ensure everybody is actually on board with giving up some skiing time..... when we went with my daughter when she was 2 with my parents in their heads it was me and hubby taking turns with looking after her and we didn't get a day together ourselves.

After that we discovered Esprit and used them until girls were older. They have kids in nursery all day or skiing, supervised lunch and kids clubs.

This is important to consider, don't overestimate how much skiing you will do with a lot of kids in tow. Also look at smaller resorts that tend to be cheaper as you may not get the best use of large ski areas as you cannot go far from skischool/nusery, and check for those that do parent passes (i.e. one that can be shared between both parents, one skis whilst the other looks after kids) as another way to get better value.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I'd look at either Esprit or SkiFamille if budget fits you can get good level of wrap around care in the knowledge your kids are being well looked after.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably cheaper to split it into two separate holidays, one for the kids and one for the experts... Kids that young only need a small patch of snow to play on, but it needs to be on their doorstep which will be £££ in a large high ski resort that the experts will like.

Otherwise I'd suggest Sainte-Foy. Cheap as chips at Easter, and you can get a place with a pool to keep the kids happy. And if there is any fresh snow, your experts will love the off-piste.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
@EmMully, we took our son when he was 4 or 5 to Zermatt in April years ago. The town is very inconvenient to get around with packed electric minibusses the main transport around the town beeing crammed in them when you are very small is not a plasant experience. I would remove it from your list. Though not a pretty town itsself it does have one of the most iconic views in the Alps.

In its place I would add Tignes to the list

I suppose that by "child friendly" you want a car free resort where the children can just wander around as they want. Have you thought about using a tour operator that includes a nursery in its provision?

I would 2nd Tignes for kids - loads of non-skiing stuff to do and it's largely flat, especially if you can get an apartment around Le Lac. Even now or kids are older, they love going to TigneSpace on the trampolines and Le Lagon.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Le lac. As good a skiing as any resort in the world in April. The ESF take kids skiing from 3 y/o and also have a nursery for younger kids. Plenty of other stuff going on. I've done April loads with my kids in Tignes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy