Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet under seat bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just bought a new backpack (could be returned). It is about 5cms too long for the EZ under seat allowance although width and height are fine. Has anyone ever had a problem with under seat bag size at Luton/ Gatwick / Geneva? Thinking I might chance it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you can live a little dangerously on that one!

I paid 18Eur to take overhead locker bag on easyJet, and they never checked.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I have to carry on a medical cool bag which is bulky but they won’t allow that in addition to a smaller bag with basic essentials and I’m too mean to pay the extra
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should be OK as long as it isn't full, i.e. can be 'squashed' to the required size.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pat51, We travel Luton/Geneva around once a month and have never seen them check the size of an under seat bag or whether under seat bags are placed into overhead lockers when on the plane.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have travelled quite a few times with a backpack which is slightly longer than the approved measurement. It can be jammed into the space and no one complained. (It is one with a frame so the length is defined; there would only have been a problem if the frame was parallel to the floor, but it fitted at a slight angle).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On an easyJet flight yesterday. No checking of anything as far as I could see (payment for large cabin bag, dimensions for small or large cabin bags) but could have been because it wasn’t full and late already. Might be a different story for a full flight.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just been to Tenerife completely ignorant of their extra fee for 'large' cabin bags. First time I've travelled with a larger cabin bag instead of hold luggage, no chance it would fit in their 'small' category.

No problems on the way out, just boarded and stuck it overhead. On the way back the guy infront of me in while queueing to board got clocked for it and had to go pay. He and his wife both had a case on wheels, so it stands out a bit when he's stood in the non-priority queue. Don't know if he had to pay any extra than the normal fee.

Feel like if he didn't get caught I probably would have, mine is a backpack though so not as obvious.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pat51,
Quote:

I have to carry on a medical cool bag which is bulky but they won’t allow that in addition to a smaller bag with basic essentials

Surprised at that - thought med equipment and Rx items were in addition to luggage allowance - mine certainly is, and to the best of my knowledge airlines don't have a choice
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mozwold wrote:
@pat51,
Quote:

I have to carry on a medical cool bag which is bulky but they won’t allow that in addition to a smaller bag with basic essentials

Surprised at that - thought med equipment and Rx items were in addition to luggage allowance - mine certainly is, and to the best of my knowledge airlines don't have a choice

I'm sure this is correct. My sister-in-law has travelled many times via Easyjet and her medical bag has never been regarded as part of her cabin luggage allowance. She does need a a Doctor's certificate to prove it's essential medication. I'm sure there must be some disability legislation that covers UK airlines with regard to this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems pretty clear in the Easyjet FAQs

https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/passengers-with-specific-requirements
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks. Yes, found that this year but last year I emailed them to check and they replied No but suspect it was a jobsworth who replied. Have relevant docs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy