Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Personalise Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having now progressed to the "Owning skis" stage of my life... I will no longer be sat on a chair lift looking down at my planks which bear the "sticker of shame" holding the name of the hire shop.

But this brings a new concern. How do I differentiate my perfect skis from the others that also look like they "just stepped out of a salon".
What do you all do?
- Scrawl your initials with a Sharpie pen on the tips?
- put a few stickers on them?

Or (and this is driven by a mis-match between ski colour (green) and boot colour (blue), is it feasible to get a "vinyl wrap" to completely personalise your skis so that they are unique?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Buy interesting/boutique skis that no-one else will have
2. Horrific binding colour clash (I just put bright yellow pedals on my black and blue bike, same idea)
3. Stickers
4. Design your own skis with your own top sheet image https://spurart.at/en/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stickers. You can always design your own for something personal or just do a mash up from existing ones like

Mr StashFox - vulpine in the alpine

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stickers - mine are boring, a 3D saltire flag on each ski in front of the bindings, and name labels on skis, boots and helmet
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jamescollings wrote:
my perfect skis from

Or (and this is driven by a mis-match between ski colour (green) and boot colour (blue), is it feasible to get a "vinyl wrap" to completely personalise your skis so that they are unique?

Perfect until someone skis over them in the queue, usually a kid from ski school.

I think the “mismatch” can look quite good, and says you haven’t bought everything just because they match.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jamescollings, you are over thinking things.

Or get a dremel and sign them?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHead stickers are available !

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowheads stickers are quite likely... but a random search on Google led me to this old post from 2013 (https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=103638&sid=9a683923800abab53d9d84970d96d2e7)

I am liking the idea of a wood-effect vinyl wrap!!! And it's so cheap I could re-apply every 3-4 years and it'll still be cheap-as-chips.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Couple of "wood" stripes along them in different vinyl finishes, like 50s surf board, then cover top with Heli tape clear to give resistant finish.

Heli--- often used for mtb frame protection at key rub points, originating from leading edge protection of helicopter rotor against wind born abrasive in military operations etc. Genuine is polyester based and really tough, apply by cleaning surface then lightly spray with mild soapy water, place tape and squeegee out liquid to give bubble free application. Et voila, bespoke ski design. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jamescollings wrote:
I will no longer be sat on a chair lift looking down at my planks which bear the "sticker of shame" holding the name of the hire shop.

Hehe.

jamescollings wrote:
How do I differentiate my perfect skis from the others that also look like they "just stepped out of a salon".

Use them. Won't be long before something happens to them to take the 'never been used' shine off them - from a spectacular yard sale on a challenging black...to falling over and dropping them walking through the car park Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy