Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First week of April - Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had flights booked to Munich from 1st April to 8th April. Hire car booked, just need to boon accommodation.

Plan A is Mayrhofen - staying same building we stayed in April just gone but it is STILL not available to book via Sunweb.

However I am also wondering if there are other resorts I should be considering?

So where in relatively easy drive from Munich do the collective wisdom of Snowheads recommend I look for somewhere to stay?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be going Ischgl that week
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kaprun, Zell am See
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve had some good skiing in Lech in April, it’s an easy drive from Munich. Ischgl also good at that time of year, they might well have some live music on the Saturday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Early April is a complete lottery, could be fantastic or could be green hillsides and MTB weather. The obvious spot is Ischgl but any accommodation there will not be cheap or even "value for money". The Arlberg should be OK but again finding reasonably priced accommodation is not easy though with this being out of the main season you might be able to find something. Mayrhofen is a pretty good choice as Hintertux offers pretty much guaranteed skiing if the other parts are shut. Sölden/Obergurgl is another option.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
April is normally much more reliable than December or January for the quantity of available skiing but you will probably need somewhere higher and north facing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:
Early April is a complete lottery, could be fantastic or could be green hillsides and MTB weather. The obvious spot is Ischgl but any accommodation there will not be cheap or even "value for money". The Arlberg should be OK but again finding reasonably priced accommodation is not easy though with this being out of the main season you might be able to find something. Mayrhofen is a pretty good choice as Hintertux offers pretty much guaranteed skiing if the other parts are shut. Sölden/Obergurgl is another option.

OP can add Obertauren to that list too....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It really isn't much of a lottery. You get decent conditions just about everywhere, including Kitzbühel in early April. I was skiing in Kleinwalsertal right up till 20th April this year...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaz_H, +1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks... the accommodation I was waiting for now up and I didn't spot anything significantly better value etc so all booked. I know in the rational part of my brain we would have no issues booking somewhere but it is a real relief to now have that last element booked having long ago paid for the flights and then the car while back.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy