Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2023 dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know seems a long way off!

We normally have our family ski trip at Easter, and have already booked our holiday for next season (22/23). However, the following season our eldest is doing her GCSE's so we might move our normal Easter trip (which will be revision time!) earlier to Christmas. All that's fine, but my work holiday year for next year is getting quite booked up already with numerous things, so am trying to work out how many days I need at Christmas for this ski trip so am trying to work out how the days may fall.

I know they can shift around depending on when Christmas day is, but having not done it before, I'm not sure on what the general rules are around dates over the festive period. I know that some chalet companies/TO's pick a week as their christmas week, and then the following week as their NY week. But it doesn't seem to fit neatly into a Sat-Sat. I know there is no accurate way of knowing how they may fall this early, but just wondering if those that regularly do xmas might have any insight from previous experience.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Handy Turnip, if it helps, xmas day is traditionally december 25 Twisted Evil

More sensibly, 25/23 is a Monday, so it's totally normal, xmas week will run 23/23-30/23, I would expect. That's what we'll do anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @under a new name, that really helps. Those were the dates I was kind of thinking too.

The only doubt I had in my mind was that, that would make NY week from 30/12/23 to 6/1/24, and most schools would have gone back by about the 2nd/3rd Jan - but maybe families focus on christmas not NY.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Handy Turnip, our school goes back 08/01/2024

Given the way Christmas Eve an NYE falls that season I would expect normal Sat to Sat to be the norm.

Christmas week tends to be slightly less busy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Handy Turnip, I'll be offering Sat - Sat as a default. I would consider moving a check-in forward for the New Year week as there is a bit of wiggle room before Xmas as it is not so busy.
Xmas is celebrated on the 24. and the 25. Often there is early closing on the 24. and then the 25. is teh bank holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@flangesax, Austrians, eh? Always tricky. Christmas is the 25th ...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Austrians, eh? Always tricky. Christmas is the 25th ...
New post

Yes, in France the main celebration is the evening of the 24th, just as the main celbration for New Year is the 31st.

I imagine the Christmas/New Year period 2023/4 will be much like normal with Saturday transfers and a more expensive New Year week. If it helps when I was gainfully employed we always were given the whole period from halfway through Christmas eve to New Year's day off. Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year's day are national holidays so you may have to take Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as leave. Then again if you are prepared to book an extra weeks apartment rental and arrange your own transport you could get in 8 days skiing for only 3 days leave.

I must admit I admire the optimism of @Handy Turnip, planning a holiday 16 months away with the prospects of mass famine facing the world, China invading Taiwan, Russia destroying nuclear power stations in Ukraine and of course the prospect of war breaking out over the venue for the European Song Contest.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Handy Turnip,
Unless Xmas & New Years days fall on the weekend UK TOs will run their usual Saturday or Sunday transfers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I must admit I admire the optimism of @Handy Turnip, planning a holiday 16 months away with the prospects of mass famine facing the world, China invading Taiwan, Russia destroying nuclear power stations in Ukraine and of course the prospect of war breaking out over the venue for the European Song Contest.

but it's a ski holiday innit Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, but the main celebration for New Year in the UK is also the 31st ... wink ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy