Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb half-term- Sestriere vs Madonna DI Campigli

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After several years of taking the kids to France (Tignes & PdSoleil) for Feb half-term, I'm thinking of trying Italy next year instead. Narrowing choice down to sestriere or MdC, (based on size of ski area, prices and transfer times), but are there any major pros/cons I should take into account between the 2? Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ses has access to a much bigger area.... but can be a bit disjointed.

Madonna is a much prettier village and skiing area. Can get over to Passo Tonale if you really want to
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied for a number of years at half term at MdC and unless it was a carnival year it wasn't to busy. Even then only a few key lifts might be a problem. Nice well linked ski area with a reasonable variety of runs, area and town very pretty.

Not skied Sestriere
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends on what you are looking for;

- More challenging and extensive skiing in Sestrierre
- Nicer village and more family-oriented skiing in MdC

Personally, I'd always opt for Sestrierre ... but if my kids were still small I might consider MdC.

Matt

PS. If you're into fashion there are is a lot more Haute Couture in MdC
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’m in the same boat. Trying to figure out the best way to get to Italy with 8 couples and 4 kids under 3. What are the Italian resorts like for catered chalets or self-catered apart-hotels?

Is there a separate forum for asking about this?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in Sauze d'Oulx March this year which links over to Sestriere.

There was definitely better snow on that side of the mountain skiing wise, although what I could see of the accommodation it looked a bit soulless!

Worth noting that coming back over to Sauze from Sestriere it was either a horrible blue run or a pretty steep, but short black!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
craftybob wrote:
I’m in the same boat. Trying to figure out the best way to get to Italy with 8 couples and 4 kids under 3. What are the Italian resorts like for catered chalets or self-catered apart-hotels?

You don't get catered chalets in Italy...or they are extremely rare... hotel, bnb or self catering. Food in hotels is great... its Italy..

Champoluc, La Thuile, Claviere, Corvara... to name a few... Great for families
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
craftybob wrote:

They are few and far between but Crystal ski does a couple of larger chalets in Canazei area and another operator one in Val Gardena but I can't remember who.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaz_H wrote:
craftybob wrote:

Food in hotels is great... its Italy..

Umm, you haven't stayed in the Hotel Greiff in Corvara or the Gruhmann in Canazei then Smile

Personally, I'd go to one of the germanic Dolomite resorts (and yes I know that includes Corvara, just avoid the Grieff)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would pick the dolomites over the Milky Way. They have brilliant snow making facilities which they use regularly, last time I was in sestriere some of the runs were sheet of ice, never again . Apart from MdC consider Ortisei or Canazei. They both have access to a big ski area and in the towns you find spa centres which my kids loved
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy