Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

shout out to Hemel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
not sure if this is allowed or not, but i would like to give a big thank you to the snow centre, my 15yo daughter just finished her weeks work experience there yesterday, and she had a fantastic time.

all the members of staff were very welcoming and helpful to her, she spent a day in each department, but her highlights were shadowing a ski and then a snowboard lesson one day, and helping out on the rental desk on another, where she learnt to adjust bindings etc.

she had a morning with the maintenance team, who showed her how the snow was produced and when they do the grooming. when i met her yesterday after she had finished, she has a picture of her sitting in the (stationary) pistebasher in the garage.

we bumped into the maintenance team on the way out, where we thanked them for their time and i mentioned that i was jealous of her and her experience in the pistebasher, so they said i could go up and see it as well. where i was allowed to sit in it, start it up, whist one of the team sat in the passenger seat and demonstrated the different uses of the attachments.

although, as they describe it, it is a baby compared to most of the ones you get in the alps, it was still impressive, and it definitely made me want to go on one of the pistebasher trips you can pay for in some of the resorts in the 3V and probably other areas.

she even got some free slope time during her time there.

it re-inforced her idea to work in the snow sports industry somehow, with her dream of one day being a snowboard instructor.

what struck us, what what a family affair the centre is, with all combination of parents/siblings/friends working together, which tells me that it is probably a great place to work.

just for clarification, i have no link with the snow centre apart from using the place to ski from time to time and my kids learning to ski/board there

i know that there are a few snowheads on here that are connected to the snow centre, and she may have even been in contact with one or two of you last week, but again would just like to pass on mine (and hers) thanks to you all, and she would thoroughly recommend the work experience to other kids looking to go into the industry.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@terrygasson, that is very impressive - looks like really good work experience created by business that cares.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

…created by business that cares.

….enough to pay minimum wage, I hope? We’re not all commies yet wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@terrygasson, I did a number of my shadowing hours there, and agree that everyone there is nice to work with, I got on with everyone I shadowed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The staff are usually smiling and courteous. My perception is that the ski centre is very well managed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cancelling chunky chips from the menu was incompetence of the highest order!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy