Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Little help with new board size plz!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to get a new board for the next season (1st purchase, only rented so far...) and found a pretty hot deal in a NITRO PRIME 2020 which apparently is great for begginers, which I am.

I'm around 186cm(6'1") and 83kg(183lbs) and already have some 11US(44EU) Salomon Boots, and as I said I'm a begginer and interested in just hiting slopes and some powder, no park.

The options for this model are:

- 159W: seems the right lenght but is 270mm waist wide which sounds like way too much!

- 162: this is maybe too long for me as begginer? But the ww is 258mm which seems right.

I don't really know which one would suit me better and just spent a long time searching in webs and each one says something different regarding widths and lenghts so...any suggestion would be most appreciated!!! Cheers! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your boot size is borderline for needing a wide board. Probably be OK on a 258 waist (which is relatively wide for a "narrow" board), but the wider waist shouldn't cause you any problems either.

Likewise, at 83kg you could happily ride either a 159 or a 162. Check Nitro's own recommendation for rider weight on this board. A 162 might be a little long for a total beginner, but it seems like you've already done some snowboarding and, with your weight and height, it should be fine. The longer board will be a little more stable at speed and will have a little more float in powder. The shorter board will be a little easier to turn. But 3cm isn't a huge difference.

In short, either board would probably be OK for you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy