Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski A La Carte

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

We're thinking a signing up to Ski A La Carte for our lift pass this season - last year I remember seeing some special offer where they waived the admin fee if you signed up before 30 November, but haven't found anything similar this year. Has anyone else found any discounts for this year before I sign us up?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before you sign up check if whether they will actually save you money - particularly if you are going for a week rather than individual days throughout the season.

If I have understood their site correctly, then for say Paradiski they are selling daily passes at €51 instead of €60. For 1-5 days this is indeed cheaper than the standard rate. However for 6-days Sunday-Friday Ski a la Carte would cost €306 (+ admin fee), and the standard 6-day pass is only €299.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are comparing it with season passes you need to factor in the ski for 1 euro days and how many days you intend to ski etc and then work out the total cost.
It should be cheaper than weekly passes for a few weeks but then you start to hit the season pass level.
If you book via a les arc or is plane site, there will be discounts for passes booked early. The week passes is the end of October from memory
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Use the code 'WELCOME' to reduce annual cost to e15.

I like how the A La Carte system works, you pay for your ski days the following month so can take a bit of the sting out of a last minute week/weekend in Tignes etc.
There is also a flaw in their system- I lost the bank card I signed upto it with so when they attempted to charge my card they couldn't! I was honest and paid up when they emailed me however. Didn't fancy a ban from some of my fav ski areas!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've signed up the better half for this. She skis about 3 weeks a year, but hates feeling obliged to ski every day , she'll ski maybe 4-5 days out of 7, cherry picking the best conditions. I think this will make it a fair bit cheaper
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - especially for the code!

We own an apartment in Champagny/La Plagne and ski at New Year and Easter (and possibly other weekends too), being able to ski over weekends (getting a cheap Saturday) - I did a spreadsheet (sad, I know) last year and it was borderline worth it to get one versus a family pass for a week. But we value the ability to pick and choose what days we ski, without feeling we have to (as we have kids, and some bad weather days would be written off), so we are going to have one this year. Being able to pay for it from our French bank account would be useful too.

Getting excited for the season to start..!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi guys tried the promo code but didnt seem to deduct anything I guess its been time limited? Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sagedog, Scroll down this page to Ski ala Carte - it says discount until Dec 1st....
https://www.edenski.com/cms/eden-price
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did the for Mrs last year who skied about 10 cherry picked days, it worked out cheaper, so will do it again this year.

Anyone know of a promo code for this year yet ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@eblunt, WELCOME Before Dec 1st

https://www.edenski.com/cms/eden-price Scroll down the page.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boredsurfin, Thanks - same as last year then !!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Works well if you ski Saturdays, which have been half price the last 2 years
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IIRC, in Plagne it's half price Saturday, either with Ski a la carte, or without. In fact you don't get the discount on a Saturday, just the standard public rate of €30 per day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eblunt wrote:
IIRC, in Plagne it's half price Saturday, either with Ski a la carte, or without. In fact you don't get the discount on a Saturday, just the standard public rate of €30 per day.
I think the La Plagne Saturday rate is €35 for 2018/19. (And only if you book online; the standard walk-up price is €52)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anyone using Ski a la Carte, and renewing an existing skier managed to use the promo code ?

Or do you have to delete the skier and set up a new one ?
ski holidays
Still cant get it it work , can WELCOME only be used on a brand new account ?
snow report
@eblunt, Yes its an introductory discount for first time accounts. Best try slightly different name and e mail I guess
snow report
Sorry for the thread mine but I’m wondering if using the funicular on the day arriving at Les Arcs would result in a full day being charged?
ski holidays
@sbooker, yes, it would.
However... The price of the funi was significantly reduced this year €3.5 each way, iirc

And if you have arrived by train, it's free. (show your SNCF tickets at the kiosk, and they give you a return ticket gratis).

Hopefully we will see similar for next season when you're out.

On ski a la carte, we mixed season ticket, fortnightly and a la carte this year as we all had different requirements. It continues to work well and the bills just appear. Will do the same next year.
latest report
Arctic Roll wrote:
And if you have arrived by train, it's free. (show your SNCF tickets at the kiosk, and they give you a return ticket gratis).
Did this work without issues or having to explain the policy at the funicular ticket office?
snow report
@rob@rar, very easy. The kiosk at the entrance was (wo)manned, rather than the pass offices, there was a rush off the TGV, and they were handing them out with very little checking or time taken.

I reckon you could have used the same SNCF tickets multiple times without a problem, it was so laissez-faire!
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, that’s good to know. All I want now is for Eurostar to resume its scheduled service next winter…
snow report
So we just don’t swipe the A La Carte card. Great. Does the card recognise when you’ve skied the Les Arcs side only (so charges a bit less than the Paradiski day fee)? And it also gives a discount if we have a day out to La Rosiere or Sainte Foy I believe. I guess we would just show the card when buying a day pass to get the discount?
ski holidays
Yes, it’s know when you’ve gone over the vanoise express so then knows that you’ve skied paradiski rather than just one side
snow report
@sbooker, yes, you'll get a discount at Rosiere by showing the card when buying your day pass.
St Foy I don't think is part of the scheme - we used the "discount Wednesday " codes on the back of the Super U receipts.
ski holidays
@sbooker, yes, you'll get a discount at Rosiere by showing the card when buying your day pass.
St Foy I don't think is part of the scheme - we used the "discount Wednesday " codes on the back of the Super U receipts.

And as above, yes the paradiski 'knows' to charge a day + a bit rather than 2x.
snow report
@Arctic Roll, @eblunt,
Thanks. Now working out if a day trip to the Three Valleys is realistically possible. We don’t mind an early start on occasion. I suppose the train to Moutiers is first step. Then a public bus to one of the resorts. Which on snow resort would be closest to Moutiers?
snow report
@sbooker, There's a wild alternative, which is to ski to Champagny and get a taxi to Courcheval from there

You'd probably only get about 3 hours over there, but it's doable.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@eblunt, from La Plagne, certainly. From Arc 2000 it would be pushing it a bit, unless perhaps you had taxis prebooked and waiting for you both ways.
snow report
@eblunt,
Interesting suggestion. It would require lift tickets to both hills for the one day though.
ski holidays
@sbooker, Champagny is included in La Plagne, so you only need the extra ticket for 3V.
snow report
ecureuil wrote:
@eblunt, from La Plagne, certainly. From Arc 2000 it would be pushing it a bit, unless perhaps you had taxis prebooked and waiting for you both ways.

I was under the impression they would be starting from Arc 1600, which is one lift from the Vanoise, probably 90 minutes or so to Champagny ( given no lift queues) . But as you say, from Plagne centre or Bellecote much easier.
snow conditions
On a similar topic if you don’t mind. For a day out in Tignes/Val D we would catch the first funicular at 7.30am. The bus to Tignes/Sainte Foy/Val D’Isere appears to leave at 7.45am. Is the sprint to the bus station in Bourg doable in 8 minutes if we’re not in ski boots? The next bus doesn’t come to 11.55am.
Anyone know of the taxi price from Bourg to Tignes Les Brevieres?
snow report
sbooker wrote:
@Arctic Roll, @eblunt,
Thanks. Now working out if a day trip to the Three Valleys is realistically possible. We don’t mind an early start on occasion. I suppose the train to Moutiers is first step. Then a public bus to one of the resorts. Which on snow resort would be closest to Moutiers?

Does this help?
https://www.altibus.com/en/arriving-by-train/moutiers/
snow report
sbooker wrote:
On a similar topic if you don’t mind. For a day out in Tignes/Val D we would catch the first funicular at 7.30am. The bus to Tignes/Sainte Foy/Val D’Isere appears to leave at 7.45am. Is the sprint to the bus station in Bourg doable in 8 minutes if we’re not in ski boots? The next bus doesn’t come to 11.55am.
Anyone know of the taxi price from Bourg to Tignes Les Brevieres?

I'd ask this question on the Tignes or Val D threads, but if I recall the funicular station in BSM is next to the Gare, where the buses also depart from.
snow conditions
@Kenzie,
It does help. It appears however that the train and bus don’t line up well. The train isn’t early enough to get the first bus and the second. There are no buses between 7.55am and 11am.
ski holidays
@Kenzie,
It is close but it is a fair walk carrying skis and boots when the timetable is so tight. I’ll make it happen somehow though. Taxi if need be.
latest report
people carrier from BSM to Val D'Isere cost us 95 euro in March.
snow report
@endoman,
Thanks
snow report
@sbooker,
Regarding getting to other resorts, you may be looking at the summer bus schedules as they seem a bit sparse on service. But as you were saying there will be 6 of you then a private transfer could be cheaper, and certainly more convenient, for you - eg pick up from your accommodation to Courchevel 1300 lift office for 8.30 am, giving you time to allow you to sort lift tickets out and get on the first lift, then picked up in Les Menuires at time of your convenience, allowing you to get across the 3 Valleys at your own pace. For the Espace - pick up from your accommodation to the Maison de Tignes, Tignes le Lac for 8.30 (drop off would be at the bottom and back of the Maison - go inside, use the elevators up to save your legs, then outside at the front, which is piste-side), sort your lift tickets and get on the first lift, then picked up in Val D'Isere.
Assuming you are doing these mid-week you should be able to negotiate a decent price - the private transfer boys don't get much trade away from the weekend airport runs. I would recommend using a British transfer company if possible - no language misunderstandings as to places or times.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy