Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick Trip Early May Bank Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just looking at a quick 2 day trip from the Saturday to Monday of the first May Bank Holiday weekend. Fly out Sat, ski Sunday and Monday and fly back Monday PM.
My first choice was Stubai but there's no direct flights back to London from Innsbruck on the Monday so not sure that'll work.
Kaprun could be ok in and out of Munich with a 2.5 hour drive. Other options could be Engelberg or Grands Montets which both will still be open it seems. Tignes or Zermatt are probably too far from GVA.
Anywhere else that I'm missing that could work?
Thanks a lot,
Marc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Engelberg would work well with the 20.50 flight back from Zurich to Heathrow on the Monday evening.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/ZKn2T2Usmx0 - just returned Happy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcs44 wrote:
Hi,
Just looking at a quick 2 day trip from the Saturday to Monday of the first May Bank Holiday weekend. Fly out Sat, ski Sunday and Monday and fly back Monday PM.
My first choice was Stubai but there's no direct flights back to London from Innsbruck on the Monday so not sure that'll work.
Kaprun could be ok in and out of Munich with a 2.5 hour drive. Other options could be Engelberg or Grands Montets which both will still be open it seems. Tignes or Zermatt are probably too far from GVA.
Anywhere else that I'm missing that could work?
Thanks a lot,
Marc

Val Thorens is open until 8th May and is a 2 1/4 hour drive from Geneva. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IMV, Val Thorens trumps GM and Tignes for the very tail end of the season. A bigger collection of pistes at high altitude facing perfectly due North. Engleberg maybe wins if you want steep terrain, not that VT is lacking in that, and has a slightly better chance of fresh snow (no hard data on that but it always seems to attract storms)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again for the replies. I actually got away a few days ago and got to Verbier which was great. Some fun spring snow and chalky bumps up high.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy