Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech for non-skier with lift pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm headed to Lech with my wife on March 2nd but she may not be able to ski or doing anything too strenuous (I'll spare you the details).
If she can't, her plan is to do some light hiking, reading, and generally wandering around and chilling out. We're booked into Hotel Bellevue currently.
Given all the Arlberg regulars around here, I was wondering what other things she could get up to e.g. she'll have a lift pass, can she get far into the mountains or to other resorts?
Although she insists she'll be fine in Lech regardless, I'm wondering if Zell am See, Kitzbühel, or Innsbruck would be the better bet. Appreciate any advice. Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of ladies lunch in Lech.

Post the question in the popular Arlberg thread here and you'll get a ton of responses.

For nonski entertainment, Innsbruck is best. Kitz second. Zell third. Lech fourth.

For skiing, Lech is best. Kitz second. Zell third. Innsbruck fourth.

Zell has a big lake to walk around.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally, being in Lech and able to do some light hiking, reading, wandering around and chilling out would be more than satisfactory, especially if the lift pass enabled me to visit some nice mountain restaurants and read my book up there whilst enjoying the view. If "entertainment" meant shops, no thanks! I'd rather be within very easy reach of some nice walking paths. If I assured you that I'd enjoy chilling out in Lech, and you insisted on taking me somewhere else, I'd be annoyed!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@inthecold, It depends what sort of stuff she is happy doing. There is some some really nice walking up the valley past Zug (nothing strenuous). There is a nice restaurant at the top of Rufikopf. Balmalp is a popular spot at the top of the chairlift from Zug (walkable), nice views over towards Madloch. The town itself has plenty of opportunities for wandering around though any shopping needs a big budget. There are also the terraces at Oberlech which are very popular on sunny lunch times. Not sure there is much point in having a lift pass, might be better to get your money back if you can
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lech excells in meeting-places for skiers and non-skiers.
Many walking paths across the Lech-Oberlech ski-area, with additional help from ski lifts and skibus running up the hill and back. You can walk as high as 2000 meters (Kriegeralpe).
Meeting up for coffee in the morning, lunch, and afternoon tea at different places: all possible on one day, with the non-skier staying on the mountain!
Skiing back to the village itself for restaurants is also easy by the way, pistes end in the middle of the village, with many great restaurants nearby.
And then there is the village and superb valley of Zug, with again several restaurants, connected both by pistes, the cablecar, and walking paths from Lech (lovely path from Bellevue through the woods; we stay very close to Bellevue wink )

https://www.lechzuers.com/en/winter/winter-sports/winterhiking

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 9-11-23 15:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@inthecold, lots of nice walks and depending on her fitness should be able to walk up to Oberlech for lunch with the skiers. @Langerzug, sums it up nicely. Stunning place
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, @Langerzug, thanks both, that's exactly what I'm after. I'd say she isn't really interested in shopping there, she mostly wants to explore the area and mountains, and find places where she can enjoy the view, and sit and relax with a book. Personally, I'd just like to find her enough trails and lifts and cafes to ensure she doesn't get bored. (I said she insists she'll be fine in my opening post, but, having known her for 15 years, I can assure you she's being optimistic and putting my own interests ahead of her own!) The valley walk to Zug sounds lovely. I haven't actually read the main resort site yet, so that's my own fault. I booked this holiday via Crystal before we found out about this potential health thing, and the lift passes were 2-for-1 at the time, so she'll have the pass regardless. Have either of you stayed at or visited Hotel Bellevue? We're half board; the pictures and reviews look great. Coffee shop and lunch recommendations are very much welcome Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@inthecold, we were there last March, she can also take the blue bus to Zurs and return to Lech by foot. There's a lovely hike above a small creek and then between the trees all the way back. Very clear direction indicators all the way to Lech
About 2 hrs long, mnimal vertical effort
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It all sounds wonderful. I always fancied Lech, but it was too expensive to take the family. Anyone bored with a week in Lech with beautiful surrounding, lots of beautiful walking, lots of nice cafés and a few good books would have to be tired of life.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@inthecold, as mentioned, Bellevue is very close to our hotel; slightly above village, with the pistes and Hinterwieslift virtually in your backyard. (you will use that lift as first early morning, and ski down to it at the end of the day). It is a quiet area. Never visited Bellevue, it's a real halfboard place, the restaurant is not open for non-hotel guests.
Regarding lunch recommendations etc: too much to mention, from very traditional Austrian up to veeeeery fine & elegant. In general the level is high, with comfy seats, table linen and napkins, and prices from very reasonable to typical fine dining level. Check the website, there is an excellent restaurant guide too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy