Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single person transfer Geneva to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is my first post so please go easy on me!

No doubt there will be a post somewhere on here but I’m looking for advice on a single person transfer from Geneva airport to Flaine on Thursday 14th April at around 11am.

I have looked at buses and potentially trains but I’m struggling to find a train to Cluses or Magland and then transfer from there by taxi.

No doubt this is a well trodden path so any advice would be welcome.

I am meeting my wife and in-laws who are travelling out the day before and they have a private transfer booked which is a palatable as a 3 but not as an individual!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome @Moorzee10.

There is a train once an hour to Cluses - you have to take the train from the airport to Geneva centre and change (and perhaps also Annemasse). Google "Leman Express".

Don't know about taxis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @Moorzee10

I did the same trip a couple of weeks ago - there are trains to Cluses from Geneva Airport, but as j_b said, you will have to change at Geneva station and possibly also at Annemasse.

From Cluses Station there are buses ("Les Carroz Flaine Express") that take you to Flaine Forum. They are ran by Arvi Mobilite and the tickets are booked through altibus. As you are travelling on a Thursday, the buses are not frequent (only at 07:50 am, 12:30 pm and 6:20 pm). https://www.arvi-mobilite.fr/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Fh-Carroz-Flaine-Express.pdf

I am not sure about taxis from Cluses either - great if somebody else could chime in! Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
j b wrote:
Welcome @Moorzee10.

There is a train once an hour to Cluses - you have to take the train from the airport to Geneva centre and change (and perhaps also Annemasse). Google "Leman Express".

Don't know about taxis.

JB - thank you very much for your advice. This looks great. I can get to Cluses or Magland via this route and then it’s deciding which taxi is best. Both appear to be about €50 from either station. Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EmiLondon wrote:
Hi @Moorzee10

I did the same trip a couple of weeks ago - there are trains to Cluses from Geneva Airport, but as j_b said, you will have to change at Geneva station and possibly also at Annemasse.

From Cluses Station there are buses ("Les Carroz Flaine Express") that take you to Flaine Forum. They are ran by Arvi Mobilite and the tickets are booked through altibus. As you are travelling on a Thursday, the buses are not frequent (only at 07:50 am, 12:30 pm and 6:20 pm). https://www.arvi-mobilite.fr/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Fh-Carroz-Flaine-Express.pdf

I am not sure about taxis from Cluses either - great if somebody else could chime in! Confused

Hi @EmiLondon - the bus route looks great and only €10 for a single trip. I am definitely going to look at this option. Thank you for sharing.

Maybe my wife and in laws may regret booking a posh private transfer! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy