Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi from Grenoble Airport to Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a reasonable taxi company to take us from Grenoble Airport to Les Deux Alpes on Saturday 21st Jan
We arrive at 15:35 (if the plane is on time) and are loathe to use Bens Bus because the Ts and Cs don't actually guarantee to get you to the resort and as we arrive quite late in the afternoon if the plane is delayed we could miss it and be stuck.

we may also get a taxi back as we need to leave LDA very early on the 28th, although if it was reliable Bensbus would probably work out cheaper as there are only 3 of us.

On the very slim chance anyone happens to be travelling to/from Stanstead on Ryanair we would be happy to share a minibus!

I have a car booked just in case we can't sort out a decent transfer (can cancel it) but it looks like it would be a waste of time in LDA as our apartment is fairly central.

Any thoughts gladly welcomed - apparently its really close so the prices I am seeing seem really steep.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a three hour round trip for a taxi - not that close.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimummk, we were very happy with Alp'Bièvre Taxis www.alpbievretaxis.fr (via FindTransfers.com) last year - about €100 each return for 6 of us including a 4am departure for an early return flight. Allow lots of time at Grenoble Airport on your return - I haven't seen chaos/queues like that for a very long time!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
true... I guess the problem is there would be no return booking for them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@oui4ski - thanks, I've asked for a quote - I need more friends! splitting 6 ways makes things much more affordable, but they may have a smaller car.

The hire car including snow chains is £380 and I don't think we need to use tolls so even with fuel its a lot less than 600E
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there are multiple public buses that run several times a day ...about £30/40 return
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try MV Transport - we have always used them for our Grenoble - ADH transfers.
Book as a shared transfer - they have never let us down
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi DaveD - have you used the public buses and if so do you know where to get them from? We arrive early morning on 21st and Ben’s bus is already full.
Yellow Snow - will also check out MV Transport
Skimmummk - fingers crossed we have chosen the right week. May bump into you in the Umbrella or Polar Bear
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grenoble airport to Grenoble Gare Routiere

https://booking.alps-airport-transfer.co.uk/shuttle/

Grenoble Gare Routierre to Les Deux Alpes

https://www.transaltitude.fr/media/filer_public/51/87/5187dc85-e162-438b-9d8f-641efba6d918/2_alpes.pdf
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Achilles
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimummk, Ben's Bus is usually pretty reliable, they've been going for years now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skim wrote:
Hi DaveD - have you used the public buses and if so do you know where to get them from? We arrive early morning on 21st and Ben’s bus is already full.
Yellow Snow - will also check out MV Transport
Skimmummk - fingers crossed we have chosen the right week. May bump into you in the Umbrella or Polar Bear

sorry no I havent used them but here is the info
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Grenoble/Les-Deux-Alpes#r/Bus/s/0
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bens Bus offer an insurance for a just a few euros if your flight is delayed and you miss your scheduled taxi
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy