Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss SBB Rail Shop skibag for £27 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Swiss Railways shop are selling this ski bag for CHF 29.90 (£26.80) which seems remarkably cheap to me, given the cost of everything else in the shop (like the CHF 79 / £71 SkiMoverEasy wheels for skis or the Mondaine Station clock reduced to ‘only’ CHF 239). Yes, it’s fabric (recycled PET) but it looks quite robust.

Not sure about the cost/feasibility of post to the UK, but those of you in or transiting CH may be interested.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, it does seem remarkably cheap. If anyone's interested and can pass by here at any point in the season I'd be happy to offer a delivery/collection point.

As for the clock, there is a cheaper version, but I love the fact that the chf239 one retains one of the original and ground-breaking features, whereby the clock deliberately runs up to a second per minute fast, then pauses at 59s until receiving a signal, originally sent by telegraph, to enable all station clocks nationally to be synchronised. Always a fun fact to point out when you're waiting for a train with a group.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Yes, it does seem remarkably cheap. If anyone's interested and can pass by here at any point in the season I'd be happy to offer a delivery/collection point.

As for the clock, there is a cheaper version, but I love the fact that the chf239 one retains one of the original and ground-breaking features, whereby the clock deliberately runs up to a second per minute fast, then pauses at 59s until receiving a signal, originally sent by telegraph, to enable all station clocks nationally to be synchronised. Always a fun fact to point out when you're waiting for a train with a group.

I'm well aware that the clocks at Swiss Railway stations have the seconds hand pause at the end of the minute before moving on, but wasn't aware of the historical background, thanks for that. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It looks similar, though slightly superior (slightly more robust and can hold 2 sets of skis) to the Decathlon one at a similar price:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/ski-bag-500/_/R-p-156414

The Decathlon one is easier to get hold of and take longer skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, yes but this one says SBB CFF FFS and not Decathlon.

(I assume the FFS does not mean the same as the abbreviation means in English)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Almost worth buying just to have a ski bag with FFS on the side in big letters!

As an aside, we have a company nearby called Freight Forwarding Solutions...guess what they have on the side of their vans!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And aologies to SNowHeads - I created a duplicate of this topic by a combination of incompetence and insouciance. Rather like a Government Minister.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gixxerniknik wrote:
Almost worth buying just to have a ski bag with FFS on the side in big letters!

As an aside, we have a company nearby called Freight Forwarding Solutions...guess what they have on the side of their vans!

Let me guess...
Freight Forwarding Solutions
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LaForet, plenty of govt jobs with that skill set it seems. Toofy Grin

@Gored, FFS I think.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gold star, top of the class @ster,
@Gored, must try harder!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy